Watchlists

We were just browsing through our caches that we have listed and, noticed that quite a few of them are being watched :o .

Now as flattering as this may seem-We can't understand why anyone would want to watch some of them, especially "Ladybirds Island Retreat"(which has 4 people watching it) ;) !

Is there a way of finding out who is watching :laughing: ?

Cheers, Kerrie&Andyxxxx

ANDYBUG&LADYBIRD Posted on Apr 9 2005, 12:00 PM

Is there a way of finding out who is watching

This has not come up nearly as often on your side of the Pond as on ours. It gets asked so often over here that Jeremy has suggested this feature would be best removed. Then he gets a lot of messages asking to please keep it. Tug of War so to speak, and he will win if he ever decides enough is enough.

Best Link Of MANY Possible To Enlighten You

Here's another good one with a comment from Jeremy

I will look for more posts explaining why even as implemented, the Watch List is not necessarily a good Barometer of interest in a Cache.

Here it is

The Last Link (just above) has lots of information and many more links. I know it gets into areas you did not specifically address about Watch Lists. But if you have the time it makes interesting reading. But the most important point is I can put a Watch on your Cache, and neither you (or Groundspeak) would ever know it.

Edited by Cardinal Red
We were just browsing through our caches that we have listed and, noticed that quite a few of them are being watched :laughing: .

Now as flattering as this may seem-We can't understand why anyone would want to watch some of them, especially "Ladybirds Island Retreat"(which has 4 people watching it) :o !

Is there a way of finding out who is watching ;) ?

Cheers, Kerrie&Andyxxxx

We often "watch this cache" as we are driving by!

We were just browsing through our caches that we have listed and, noticed that quite a few of them are being watched :laughing: .

Now as flattering as this may seem-We can't understand why anyone would want to watch some of them, especially "Ladybirds Island Retreat"(which has 4 people watching it) :o !

Is there a way of finding out who is watching ;) ?

Cheers, Kerrie&Andyxxxx

We often "watch this cache" as we are driving by!

I can just about watch it from my office window !!!

I watch nearly every cache I have done as I find it interesting

I started doing this, but now I find it better to have a Pocket Query to list all caches that I've found and that have been logged in the last week. I don't use it to extract a file, I just do a "preview" when I want to see what other people have said about the caches. It saves e-mail overload - I just "watch" a few caches that I plan to visit in the future.

I watch nearly every cache I have done as I find it interesting

I started doing this, but now I find it better to have a Pocket Query to list all caches that I've found and that have been logged in the last week. I don't use it to extract a file, I just do a "preview" when I want to see what other people have said about the caches. It saves e-mail overload - I just "watch" a few caches that I plan to visit in the future.

Really good idea. Why didn't I think of that!

Interesting topic!

I watch 'interesting' caches, some local ones, anything I get a DNF on and anything else that catches my eye - particularly a couple of london ones and the Avebury web cam one. It's a good way of seeing names of people 'out of my area'. I'm fairly sure I have over 100 on my list but I'm not a premium member though... Odd.

I have 13 folks watching my Missing Cacher. Can anyone top that? :o

SP

Like a lot of other cachers, I watch everything I've visited or heard about (eg if someone posts something odd about a cache on the forum). I too have rules to put them in a separate folder as they soon mount up.

I probably would take things off my watchlist after a few days if it was easier to do. Why can't we bring up a list of watchlist caches with tick boxes next to them, tick as many as we want then hit delete once. I'm not technical but that seems to work in other software. To have to wait whilst the page refreshes then hit the "are you sure" button just takes too long and I find it quicker to delete the subsequent emails I receive.

Has anyone noticed the bookmark listing too. I can't see much difference between these and the watch listings. You still get an email.

We watch the nearest caches (that aren't micros) that we haven't done, and also a few Locationless ones - such as Scavenger Hunt which keeps changing and 3 Steps Around the World - to see if we can log them. We also watch caches where our travel bugs are - to see if anyone posts "a found but no sign of TB" log. There is no an option when you recieve an e-mail to remove this cahce from your watchlist that has proved useful. <_<:ph34r:

I watch some caches I've done, especially if I've dropped a TB in it (I feel like it's still in my care until someone else had retrieved it), and caches which I'm planning to do, or struggling to find after the first visit.

I'm watching the intereption TBs along with 53 others!

I think it's a great feature, and lets you know that at least 4 people consider your cache/TB worth watching.

Like a lot of other cachers, I watch everything I've visited or heard about (eg if someone posts something odd about a cache on the forum).  I too have rules to put them in a separate folder as they soon mount up.

I probably would take things off my watchlist after a few days if it was easier to do.  Why can't we bring up a list of watchlist caches with tick boxes next to them, tick as many as we want then hit delete once.  I'm not technical but that seems to work in other software.  To have to wait whilst the page refreshes then hit the "are you sure" button just takes too long and I find it quicker to delete the subsequent emails I receive.

Has anyone noticed the bookmark listing too.  I can't see much difference between these and the watch listings.  You still get an email.

Why not just click the 'remove from watchlist' link in the email?

I also add a found cache to my watch list - at least until someone else finds it.