New Feature Request

The Navigatorz

I have a suggstion that I believe would be useful, although I realize there are ways around it. I have hidden several puzzle caches with false coordinates posted. The finder needs to solve the puzzle to get the final coordinates.

Would it be possible to have the final cache coordinates show on the cache page, but only for the owner to see? The owner would have to log on in order to see the real coordinates.

I think this would be useful. At times a geocacher who is solving a puzzle, will send an email asking me to verify their results. This feature would be a handy way to retrieve the final coordinates for verification.

Currently I keep a spreadsheet of this information on my home pc, but at times I'm traveling and can't get to my files until I get home. This feature would be sort of an online storage and retrieval tool of actual cache coordinates. It also beats carrying a list of final coords in my wallet.

When posting a new puzzle cache for approval, we include the final coordinates on the page, so the approvers can determine if the 0.1 mile rule is met, etc. There could be a place on the page where the final coords are entered, and only the approvers and the owners can view them, but they would not be deleted by the approvers. It stays with the cache page and is seen only by the owner when he/she logs in.

This would be useful. The information must already be in a database table somewhere since reviewers check the .1 mile rule against all the stages of other multis (unless I've misunderstood something).

Doubt it - the last time I made a multi all the other locations were simply input in the notes.

My local reviewer has a huge map with pins for all the caches and stages of all the caches - that's how he keeps track.

That's great for your local reviewer, but what I've requested would be available to all cache owners....a way to retrieve the actual coordinates right on their cache page.

This would be useful. The information must already be in a database table somewhere since reviewers check the .1 mile rule against all the stages of other multis (unless I've misunderstood something).

I don't think they do. someone in the Reno area placed a multi last summer about 8 miles north of town.

One person visited it.

A month ago another person placed a cache and the guy who placed the

multi ran out, claimed the FTF, then told the 2nd guy he'd have to move

his cache "because through no fault of his own" he'd placed the cache

170' from the multi!!! <_<

I don't think they do. someone in the Reno area placed a multi last summer about 8 miles north of town.

One person visited it.

A month ago another person placed a cache and the guy who placed the

multi ran out, claimed the FTF, then told the 2nd guy he'd have to move

his cache "because through no fault of his own" he'd placed the cache

170' from the multi!!! <_<

OK - sounds like it wouldn't be as trivial to implement as I thought. But it would appearently be useful for the reviewers too.

for all of you who use GSAK =

I put all the stages and personal notes for my caches in the notes. There is a column called Notes - display it from the options - then double click in the Notes square for that cache and enter your information.

Remember - somewhere on the cache creation page is a warning note to keep a copy of all your caches. GSAK notes gives you a great place to do that.

cc\

Actually, I think it would be very useful to have an entry box where people could put in the coordinates of the result to match against the real coordinates. If they got it right, they'd know it was ok to go search there. If not, they'd be told they blew it.

That being said, I suspect some puzzle-cache creators wouldn't want that so it might have to be optional. It's probably not a trivial new feature either, but adding it to the wish-list would be a good thing IMHO.