New Stat To Report

KaiserKlan

I agree. If you assume a certain percentage of premies, you can estimate the income Groundspeak has. There are business professionals who do this kind of thing for a living. One company I worked for found out what one the guys in our company made per hour. From that figure alone, and his known position in the company and project, they determined the actual cost of the project we were doing for them to within 10%. They then 'renegotiated' the price and we lost a lot of money. Groundspeak would not be wise to release the info.

Additionally, skewing the information somewhat, how many accounts are active - that is, where someone joined, tried caching for awhile and quit? So account numbers, for the average user, aren;t really worth anything.

...Additionally, skewing the information somewhat, how many accounts are active - that is, where someone joined, tried caching for awhile and quit? So account numbers, for the average user, aren;t really worth anything.

How many accounts are really socks?

At this moment? 365,346

It'll be more by the time you read this.

I won't comment on the ratio of unvalidated versus validated, nor the number of premium members of those validated, nor the percentage of premium members (which I presume would be active accounts) but it's obviously not hard to sample.

Percentage-wise I'd guess the number of sock-puppet accounts is limited... Unless everyone is like this guy or his alter ego.

{wink},

Randy