FYI

Geoman007

The NWS has issued flood warnings for the Delaware River. The river is suppoesed to crest by tomorrow afternoon. Owners of caches on the D&R Canal path on the NJ and PA side should check on there caches after the flooding ceases. The flooding is supposed to be comparable to last year's flooding and in 1996. You can read about the flood warning at the NWS webpage.

Rt 202 closed just below Sunnybank, Rt 23 closed. Oakland flooded. I hiked into Briansnats Longpond Ironworks, the level of the Wanaque was frightening, 5++ rapids , so I did not want to get to close. I was also on the wrong side of the river, with a gps reading 112 feet, so getting too close was not really a factor :rolleyes: So that is why that bridge is there? I was by myself this morning. East Road Parking areas flooded, road had water over it at points. Wanaque Res at historic high levels. Went into Burnt Meadow from north, road washed out at bridge 244. Was able to get across, started to walk up to Lake Sonoma, road was a quaking mess of mud, so I went elsewhere. Dangerous conditions near stream, stay back.

Downstream flooding will increase probably well into tomorrow.

Edited by Packanack

National weather service for area as of noon.

...MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST FOR

PASSAIC RIVER...

...MAJOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ON THE POMPTON

RIVER...

...MAJOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ON THE RAMAPO

RIVER...

...MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST FOR

WANAQUE RIVER...

...MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST FOR

PEQUANNOCK RIVER...

...MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ON THE

ROCKAWAY RIVER...

* MILLINGTON ON THE PASSAIC RIVER...

FOR THE PASSAIC RIVER AT MILLINGTON THE LATEST STAGE WAS 7.9 FEET RISING

AT 11AM SUNDAY. THE PASSAIC RIVER AT MILLINGTON IS FORECAST TO RISE TO

FLOOD STAGE BY THIS EVENING. THEN FALLING BELOW FLOOD STAGE OVERNIGHT.

Edited by Packanack

I just drove down Rt 29 near Washington Crossing SP which runs along the river. There are some areas that are flooded. The whole Village of Titusville has been blocked of to vehicles with flooding. The good news is that the canal path is still above water and there are people there doing there everyday activities. If you woulds like to see the swollen river, the canal path would be a good place to see it from. I took a picture of the river going under the bridge to PA in Titusville, which I will try to upload. Titusville is just a few miles north of Trenton.

Today, I saw that some Northwest NJ areas were flooded too. GCN3XP in Vernon would've been in the flood had it been just a bit further down the road. Also, a short stretch of Route 23 in Stockholm was flooded, but in making my detour around that, I hit a few more caches. :lol:

Edited by stayfloopy

I was in New Brunswick yesterday and noticed the Raritan River and overflowed in to the D&R Canal. Several bridges had water touching the very bottom. I'm not sure about the tide times in the river, but I imagine one or two might come down if the high tide and crest time are near each other.

We came down the NYS Thruway yesterday... and the Esopus Creek (in Kingston)has flooded...

Hundreds of houses viewable from the thruway were flooded, some with water up to the roofs...

There is a trailer park along the thruway that had water flowing thru it at probably 20 knots!

One van was visible with water flowing right over it's roof...

Ambulences & emergency vehicles were all around the area...

Those poor people...

Also... The Mohawk River in Amsterdam was so high that it appeared that the dams at the locks were no longer there... it was at least 6' above the tops of the dams... and about 1' from flowing over the lock doors themselves...

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors
We drove to go and see the Great Falls in Patterson last night and they were amazing with the amount of water going over them. There is a Virtual cache: The Great Falls of the Passaic placed there.

The Head Slave decided to check out how the Great Falls would look with so much water. It was MEMORABLE. The rainbow points to where he hid a new cache that holds the Long island Capture the Flag TB.

97310373-490d-4665-9f6c-36dc816f08e9.jpg

Edited by Tiffany's Slaves