Ny Caches

Falcon Loader

What sort of caches are you looking for?

1) neat little spots

2) quick grabs or interesting virtuals

3) nice hikes

4) rugged mountainous terrain - oh, wait nevermind it's flat. :o

Long Island has some excellent caches, but it is a big island so, Like JMBella said, what part are you visiting...

Is this for one day or several days? Drive thru or do you want to make a day of it?

with only 20something caches under my belt, I can only give you details on what I have done but you can make a day of hiking in the area of Bethpage State Park and then south into the Massapequa Preserve. Ditto on the West Hills County Park.

Post what area and what types of caches you are looking for and the local experts can give you more information than me.

Dave

Look for caches by JerryMonkey. He has an evil mind and you can spend the better part of a day trying to figure out what he wants. But the "aha" moments when you find the caches are worth it.

West Hills park is loaded with caches, as is the Greenbelt trail as GPS Dave stated. Basically there are caches all over the island, just pick a spot and do a zip code search and you'll get a bunch of hits.

I thought there was nothing here when i was 18 also and couldnt wait to get out!!(1980)The longer I stay the better I like it,there are more parks and trails now than twenty years ago and they're much better maintained.The long island greenbelt, Rocky point ,Sarnoff preserve,Smith point and montauk to just name a few.

You might be right. I left in 78. Still have a bunch of family there. I did like the caches

that I've done this time. I did some others a few months ago. But growing up I spent most of my time on bay's, inlets, and beaches. Those I think are the things that make LI different from other places.