You Found What Near The Cache?

Lostby7

I moved to the wilds of Oregon a few years ago and still getting used to woods etc. A recent hunt led me to a tree filled with raccoon poop. There was a ton of it! Stinky, stinky.

Another hunt led me to a dry creek. As I was tromping around the waist high weeds I came across a deer skeleton and then a dog skeleton. A twig snapped and I realized I was all alone and it spooked me so I got back in my car and left - I will try that one later!! :huh:

Last week while hunting in downtown Medford i saw smoke from a nearby lot. I went to check it out and flames started coming out of a parked car. I called 911 and the fire department showed up quickly and put it out, made the local paper the next day. It was a new Infinity, fresh out of the shop.

Edited by Capt. Sandor

Actually, I've already found a couple of weird stuff, even though I have only found 33 caches in total.

Firstly, on part 3 of a mystery-cache, while searching thoroughly in the area, my caching mate suddenly looked into a big tree, and came back with a huge shovel, just laying on some of the branches.

Two days after, we were out caching again - this time stumbled upon a snake, which is kinda rare to see in Denmark.

Later that week, we went to China together and found some caches there. In a log for one of the caches, someone wrote that people tend to use the spot as a place to "relieve themselves", which we first thought meant that it was used as a toilet for homeless people. When we arrived and found tons of used condoms, we suddenly understood what he really meant. And as we were looking at all the condoms and laughing together, suddenly a couple came out from some bushes - the women laughing, and the man zipping his paints.

Found this just off a really well maintained trail in a historical park:

44449_1376902668026_1395640899_30886520_5046616_n.jpg

It looks like it's been this way for some time, but still not what I wanted to see by myself in the woods!

Yesterday, my husband and I were caching and stopped to look at a monument, and got to hear a drunk, shirtless man belt out "Here I Go Again On My Own", while a bride in a beautiful wedding dress had her photo taken with some interesting statues.

Went caching the other day at GCK2GA and found a recently used homeless encampment. There was a gurney type bed there that I took a picture of. Photography is a hobby so I always have my gear with me

958425532_nLWu6-XL.jpg

The colors in that picture are freakin' amazing! I really enjoy that photo.

I agree. It looks unreal! Very cool.

What gear are you using? That picture is really cool.

Went caching the other day at GCK2GA and found a recently used homeless encampment. There was a gurney type bed there that I took a picture of. Photography is a hobby so I always have my gear with me

958425532_nLWu6-XL.jpg

The colors in that picture are freakin' amazing! I really enjoy that photo.

I agree. It looks unreal! Very cool.

What gear are you using? That picture is really cool.

that photo is a HDR photo, probably done w/ photomatrix,

So far I've come across a duffel bag full of clothing and personal items hidden under a tree about 30 ft. away from a cache, a shirt and jeans (complete with a "belt" made from a pair of Samsung earbuds) under a foot bridge, and the front half of a rotting deer carcass that had been thrown off a bridge into a canal. Didn't find either of those last two caches and as far as the last one is concerned, I don't think I'll be going back after that one. The bridge is on a gravel road out in the middle of the cane fields but the place is such a nasty illegal trash dump that there's nothing pleasant about going there. :laughing:

I found a pick ax when traveling between two caches .1 distance from each other today. It was in a wash in phoenix, arizona behind some restaurants I kept it as it had obviously been there for a long time and was sarounded by trash. The pick itself is in good shape and has a rubber coated handle. i felt weird carrying it for a quarter mile back to the car and into the gas station parking lot. It will now help me remove a stump from my backyard

geocaching4.jpg

http://

bafl101 - WHAT is going on in Phoenix? Check this out!! Look what I also found between two caches in a wash in Phoenix about two weeks ago!! We had to carry it a long way back to the car....it looks like a fireman's ax maybe left behind after a brush fire....or are there ax murderers hanging out in Phoenix washes?

IMG_3244.jpg

Edited by KBfamily

On one stage of a multi that we've visited a few times we've managed to find:

- several pairs of uh, well used mens underwear

- suspicious looking men in black Cadillacs

- used condoms, condom wrappers

- Four Loko cans

- bullet casings

- ZigZag container

So, basically we found a party spot and potential mob hangout. Yay Allentown! Woo!

I’m new to geocaching but I spend a lot of time poking around in the woods and have found some odd things,

like this Buddha amulet which was wedged in the back of a tree off the trail in a section of woods which has always had a spooky feel to it.

amulet_small.jpg

"make me one with the tree"

I found a box that I thought could be the cache. It was behind a grocery store and had about six packages of strawberries, a bag of oranges, and a notebook in it. I opened the notebook to realize that it belonged to a homeless man aspiring to be a rapper. I felt kinda bad and left immediately... but he had some pretty good raps, haha.

20110328152749.jpg

Robert.hill, me, and one of the three geocaching girls, were out for a quick cache run before running to the store. We came across this strange new breed of animal...I assume that it is a dog but since I have never seen a dog with flippers for front feet I could be wrong!

20110328152749.jpg

Robert.hill, me, and one of the three geocaching girls, were out for a quick cache run before running to the store. We came across this strange new breed of animal...I assume that it is a dog but since I have never seen a dog with flippers for front feet I could be wrong!

It's obviously the remains of a Chupacabra.

IMG_3709.jpg

This was my first, and hopefully last, snake under the cache container experience....Holy Freakout Batman!!

holy smokes that looks mean - i've never even seen a snake for real. a find like that would just about do me in for caching forever :laughing:

IMG_3709.jpg

This was my first, and hopefully last, snake under the cache container experience....Holy Freakout Batman!!

holy smokes that looks mean - i've never even seen a snake for real. a find like that would just about do me in for caching forever :laughing:

I think I'm much happier about living in Wisconsin all the sudden...

Today, I was caching in Cypress Creek Preserve, and on my way to GC1T0FA (Make Like A Tree!), I came across this doe that looked like she'd been killed by some predator. She was about 15 yards away from the cache and when the wind shifted, the smell was bad enough to knock a buzzard off a garbage truck. After just 10 minutes, I was ready to call it quits when I happened to stumble upon the cache, so I logged it and got the heck out of there.

DeadDoe-CypressCreek.jpg

Looks like it was giving birth?

I had found a fairly difficult 4 star difficulty rated cache as a FTF. I was keeping an eye on the cache logs to see who would be the next finder. The next finder didn't find the cache but something even more curious. He found a partially buried old chimney block with a piece of slate shingle covering the opening. Inside the chimney block was about 8 plastic battle ships. The ones where you glue everthing together. I contacted the finder to get a detailed description where he found this hidden treasure. It took me an hour but I did locate the battleships. The battleship location is fairly close to a road but in a remote area otherwise. Remote meaning in a forest with no homes. To date this is one of most perplexing "finds" I have discovered. The cache description is here. The log from June 26th 2010 is the finder of the battleships. You just never know what treasures await while searching for the cache.