Could The Sony Psp Be

It has a USB slot and if someone made a add on recever like some PDAs have, we have a instant large screen with color GPS unit.

For a bonus it would have up to 2G worth of memory that you could save cache pages to (no more paper!) and lots of maps.

I was just sitting here with mine and thought this up and wondered what you folks thought about it.

Forgot to add that it uses a memory stick duo.

When the PSP, MP3 players, PDA's etc. Merge into capable units, then I think there is potential for what you are getting at.

For now, it would be a kluge.

I believe that's the direction Sony is heading. I read an article the other day saying Sony believes the PSP would be eventually take on the ipod.

Edited by jollybgood

I've dropped my GPS'r's into several feet of icy water, had them blasted by hot dust and freezing rain on my ATV, dropped them several feet onto concrete...try that with a "consumer" grade hand-held device and you'll end up with an expensive paperweight or a handful of bits. These things are designed to look cool to the kiddies, not to survive in the woods.