Today's Cacher No Longer Published

And in our other Geocaching related news

Gullible is no longer going to be published in Websters dictionary

The South Carolina House Bill h.3777 has been reworded to make a complete ban on Geocaching in that state.

Jeremy has started a revolution to make himself president of the U.S.A.

Ammo boxes are considered illegal in Canada

Hehehehehehehe :lol::lol:

Ok, now tell me the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Today is 4/1.

The whole truth is...that GC.com bought us out for 2.6 million and burned all of our records. We are now under contract to never ever print anything else.

That's the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

El diablo

Today's Cacher is out of business. :D

I got to what I -thought- was the GZ point with my eTrex Legend, but couldn't find it. Looked around for about 15 minutes - under the stump, inside the knothole, even in the Volvo's trunk - but I couldn't find it.

Are you sure the coords are right? TODAY'S Geocacher...?

Oh wait, it's tomorrow now. I'll head out again to try to find it - I bet it'll be back!

--Marc

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Did you forget to renew the domain name or something,

Hostway Whois Server Version 1.0

Domain Name: todayscacher.com 

Registrar:  AAAQ.COM 

Whois Server: whois.aaaq.com 

Referral URL: http://www.aaaq.com 

Name Server: ns1.startlogic.com 

Name Server: ns2.startlogic.com 

Updated Date 2004-10-18 

Creation Date: 2003-12-07 

Expiration Date: 2004-12-07

Registrant:...

oopsie...

I am not trying to stir up controversy, just stating my opinion: It is just too bad that this was an April Fool's joke. The quality of the magazine has been declining in recent months and should just go away--PS I don't bother going to the link anymore. Also, the note that was posted calling people leeches was deplorable and reprehensible. Make no mistake; the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching! You want to make money, fine! Don't insult people because they are not putting money in your pocket. That is harsh and a bit rude.

I am not trying to stir up controversy, just stating my opinion: It is just too bad that this was an April Fool's joke. The quality of the magazine has been declining in recent months and should just go away--PS I don't bother going to the link anymore. Also, the note that was posted calling people leeches was deplorable and reprehensible. Make no mistake; the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching! You want to make money, fine! Don't insult people because they are not putting money in your pocket. That is harsh and a bit rude.

Who peed in your Wheaties?

I am not trying to stir up controversy, just stating my opinion:  It is just too bad that this was an April Fool's joke.  The quality of the magazine has been declining in recent months and should just go away--PS I don't bother going to the link anymore.  Also, the note that was posted calling people leeches was deplorable and reprehensible.  Make no mistake; the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching!  You want to make money, fine!  Don't insult people because they are not putting money in your pocket.  That is harsh and a bit rude.

Maybe it was briansnat...he's been having some bladder problems:ph34r:

the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching!

I think the original intent was to serve as a more formal information source for geocaching than the forums. Since it did well, the owner saw the opportunity to make a few bucks out of it. Does that make the information on the site any less valid? :ph34r:

the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching!

I think the original intent was to serve as a more formal information source for geocaching than the forums. Since it did well, the owner saw the opportunity to make a few bucks out of it. Does that make the information on the site any less valid? :ph34r:

The orignal intent was and as far as I know remains commercial. Regardless it has attracted some of the big names in geocaching to write for it and it has a wide following. When people who don't read the forums (though there are a lot more lurkers than it would seem) send you snipets and links from Todays Cacher you know you have an audience.

By way of comparison the Terracachers.org news section needs a shot in the arm.

Wow, what a negative attitude, there is no reason for your rude comments. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all!!!

[quote=

:ph34r: Actually I prefer Rice Krispies.

It is unfortunate that some find my comments rude. I do stand behind my statements.

It appears there are a number of "cachers" out there that are a bit more serious than I am about geocaching. I enjoy going out with friends and finding caches. Joking, enjoying fresh air, seeing new sights, etc. It is a hobbie for me, where as there are others that are very serious about geocaching. Hey, what ever floats your boat. There may be a few people out there, however, that are taking this way too seriously. You want to put your money down for tc, whatever--it's your gain or loss. Certainly not my loss!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I guess it is also true that opinions are like...noses--everyone has one and some are more pronounced than others.

Edited by NoSoup4U
I am not trying to stir up controversy, just stating my opinion:  It is just too bad that this was an April Fool's joke.  The quality of the magazine has been declining in recent months and should just go away--PS I don't bother going to the link anymore.  Also, the note that was posted calling people leeches was deplorable and reprehensible.  Make no mistake; the original intent for the magazine was to MAKE MONEY--not to spread the fun of geocaching!  You want to make money, fine!  Don't insult people because they are not putting money in your pocket.  That is harsh and a bit rude.

As always we welcome comments about the magazine whether positive or negative. Feedback helps us to work on our weak points to bring you a better magazine.

Obviously you do read the magazine since you were able to quote from it, and we appreciate your thoughts. The April Fools comment was meant to be entertaining, and we believe that most people took it that way. If you or others didn't then we apologize.

The magazine was founded for profit. We haven't seen any yet, and probably won't for at least a year or more, if ever. So don't worry about putting money in my pockets. So far it has cost me and several others thousands of dollars to try and put a dream into reality. If we even broke even on the venture of producing the first printed issue of the magazine we would hold a big celebration.

I have a team of very talented and dedicated people that put countless of unpaid hours into this magazine. However as we have stated from the very start, it's up to you the caching community to make this magazine work. We need your input, and even your criticism, but most importantly your support.

Jerry Carter

Publisher

Today's Cacher

Edited by El Diablo
[quote name=

B) Actually I prefer Rice Krispies.

It is unfortunate that some find my comments rude. I do stand behind my statements.

It appears there are a number of "cachers" out there that are a bit more serious than I am about geocaching. I enjoy going out with friends and finding caches. Joking' date=' enjoying fresh air, seeing new sights, etc. It is a hobbie for me, where as there are others that are very serious about geocaching. Hey, what ever floats your boat. There may be a few people out there, however, that are taking this way too seriously. You want to put your money down for tc, whatever--it's your gain or loss. Certainly not my loss!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I guess it is also true that opinions are like...noses--everyone has one and some are more pronounced than others. [/quote]

Quite a lot of people like football, baseball, basketball, and hockey too. Is it wrong for companies to publish magazines devoted to the sport? Does it take anything away from people that only play the game? Does everyone have to buy or read the magazine in order to play these games to be successful? Now do you see how silly your arguement is?

What argument? Who said anything about an argument. I made a simple observation and statement. Then a statement is made about my statement which someone else makes a stament about. Some deep breaths need to be taken. Serenity now...Serenity now...Serenity now!

Edited by NoSoup4U