Caches Up For Adoption In Milton Keynes

Hi Guys,

The dog walk series needs to be adopted by some keen GeoCachers near Milton Keynes.

“Hari and Nelson” hasn’t logged into the site since April 2004, and doesn’t appear to be active :lol: . Does anyone know them / Him??

The caches all need a maintenance visit, ie log books full and Containers getting rusty. It would a shame to lose them to the elements, like the other two in the series.

Anyway the remaining ones are:-

Dog Walk #1 (GCJ1RH) – Near Caldecotte Lake

Dog Walk #4 (GCJ1RW) - Near Furzton Lake

Dog Walk #5 (GCJ1RZ) – Near Willen Lake

I can take on Dog Walk #4 as it’s close to where I live, is anyone keen to take on the other two or all three??

I am still new to the game, so if this isn't the correct way to go about this then I'm sorry.

Thanks

Gary (KiwiGary)

Edited by KiwiGary
I'd be happy to take on some/all of these since I work in MK. But I think someone needs to make contact with H&N first to find out the story (if any).

Yes I have tried to email them (via the geocaching.com site) with no response, does any of the local cachers know them? Maybe they could give them a phone call.

Thanks...KiwiGary

Send a email to Hari and Nelson through their profile, and post a note on the cache pages regarding your interest in adopting them. If you don't receive any reply, contact Eckington or Lactodorum who will arrange the adoption on non maintanence grounds, after they have posted a request for maintanence on the caches. This gives the cache owner chance to sort things out first, and means you've gone through all avenues first.

Dave

Send a email to Hari and Nelson through their profile, and post a note on the cache pages regarding your interest in adopting them. If you don't receive any reply, contact Eckington or Lactodorum who will arrange the adoption on non maintanence grounds, after they have posted a request for maintanence on the caches. This gives the cache owner chance to sort things out first, and means you've gone through all avenues first.

Dave

Done that - waiting for a reply. This time next week they'll either be properly maintained or adopted :lol:

It looks like we have a few caches in MK, but a very secret society I have yet to meet anyone on a cache hunt yet.

We will have to arrange a get together one night (Not in Campbells Park), see MCL’s log for “go.CMK ( Bucks )”

Sorry to hear about your incident in Campbells Park last night MCL, I had heard that it’s a bit of needle alley after dark as well. So maybe its not the best place to be when the moon comes up. :o

In regards to the Dog Walk series, still no response from Hari and Nelson to date.

See ya…Gary

Hi,

Well it’s been a week now and I haven’t heard anything from Hari or Nelson. Mind you I doubt if Nelson can send email (Isn’t he a dog) :).

I have also emailed “Lactodorum” as well to see if he has had a response from Hari.

From this thread the following people were happy to take on the caches. I have asked “Lactodorum” to add the new adoptive parents to the caches.

Dog Walk #1 (GCJ1RH) – Near Caldecotte Lake - mutton

Dog Walk #4 (GCJ1RW) - Near Furzton Lake – KiwiGary (That’s me)

Dog Walk #2 (GCJ1RQ) – Near Willen Lake - milvus-milvus

If Hari and Nelson take up Caching again, I guess the caches can always be returned to the birth parents.

Thanks to everyone for helping out.

Gary (KiwiGary)

There is a pub in the middle of Milton Keynes Village which is quite good, with outside seating if it is warm and cosy inside if not. It seems a fitting starting point for a Milton Keynes local get-together.

I suggest a weekday evening when it's quieter than a rowdy weekend.

Oh did I mention its right by one of my caches? ooops!

Any chance the place could be more central, we are car less cachers and getting their could me a nightmare on a weeknight.

Don't fancy riding the bikes through campbells park after night. AFter MCL's encounter the other night.

During the meetings do you usually do some caches as well?

See ya ...Gary

Any chance the place could be more central, we are car less cachers and getting their could me a nightmare on a weeknight.

Don't fancy riding the bikes through campbells park after night. AFter MCL's encounter the other night.

During the meetings do you usually do some caches as well?

See ya ...Gary

Hi,

Another MK cacher here, well Lavendon actually but I work in MK.

16th-17th is an Open Day of sorts at Bletchley Park, anyway it's half price to get in.

Could be a good time to meet up and do Station X (GC5FF4) at the same time.

I might be able to give a lift to none car owners.

There is a pub in the middle of Milton Keynes Village which is quite good, with outside seating if it is warm and cosy inside if not. It seems a fitting starting point for a Milton Keynes local get-together.

I suggest a weekday evening when it's quieter than a rowdy weekend.

Oh did I mention its right by one of my caches? ooops!

That would be the Swan. I sometimes visit for lunch if I'm working at Willen Lake (or Weatherspoons if I'm near the Station). Either would be good for a less-formal meet over a lunchtime pint?

But I quite fancy having a go at Station X too... :D

We are keen to do Station X, as we have had the code cracked for months are were planning on going on the cheap weekend anyway.

Maybe we could arrange a non-pay event as well somewhere?

Not sure how keen everyone is with Cache in Trash out day, but we could do "SOE Calling" as part of this day. Its got loads of trash in the wood.

Any other ideas?

See ya...Gary

OK then someone needs to suggest a more central location, that is quiet and doesn't cost anything. There is a beefeater place that has a decent bar next to the Garden centre opposite the Xcape building in CMK. On a weekday night its probably quite quiet and there is plenty of parking right next to it..

Kiwigary, since this is the first MK meet, then there is no history to compare with in terms of whether we do caches at the same time or not. So we write the rules as we go along. Personally I would say at the moment probably not since the evenings are still quite short, but later in the summer when the light holds till after 10pm, some might well decide to do a nearby cache at the same time as meeting up.

Station X is one that needs to be paid to get into. It is also one I have done (twice! ... well, I mean visited twice) and I have been to the Park nearly 10 times in its history. The Park is fantastic in its own right, so feel free to fix up a joint venture if you like, but I won't be there. Indeed having me there might be thought of as cheating!

I would honestly suggest to anyone thinking about going to Bletchley Park to make it a whole day not just an afternoon. There is *so* much to do there you will need it, I promise!

Ok what about we arrange a weekday event in Wednesday the 20 April, at the Barn (Beef eaters), which is opposite the snow dome.

I have been there before and its not too bad.

I will set up a event cache for the day, is everyone happy with 8pm?

See ya...Gary

Ah, not a wednesday for me. I'm not available on wednesdays. But the other nights that week are all fine by me.

I would suggest tuesday (19th) since it is still midweek, yet earlier rather than later, which is better for being quieter. Thursday is when places tend to start getting busier nights towards the weekend.

The event is now posted on the GeoCaching.com web site:-

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...48-b64822cc0b6b

What day would suit most people? If required we can change it to get the most people along on the night.

We are also going to Bletchley park this weekend, if anyone is keen to meet us and do Station X. Will we also be having a good look around the park (so we get the most of our entry fee :blink: )

See ya...Gary (KiwiGary)