Adult Only Cache

Even if you labeled it in the description as "Adults Only" some yahoo wouldn't see it or would ignore it and then have his kids with him when he found it. Then he'd complain and it would be closed down. But, its your cache, try it and see if it'll fly.

First let me say, yes, this is a family function. I take my kids along all the time. That said, there are certainly caches that are not child friendly (hence, the attributes icon). There are caches that are not wheelchair friendly, or elderly friendly, or animal friendly. My point is, not all caches are for "everyone". Some require special skills or abilities.

If the cache is placed where it CANNOT be accessed by children, I don't see the problem. I don't know if I can think of a place off the top of my head, however, that would be adult only and appropriate for a cache. :lol:

i'd LOVE to see an adult-only cache, if by "adult" you mean a location that would simply be of no interest to children, and with cachebait that would simply be of no interest to children, like mabe household tools and office supplies. perhaps games that are too complicated for children to understand, or maybe the colected works of tolstoy.

items of a sexual nature or that promote drinking or drug use are incompatible with this listing service's guidelines, and offensive to me.

if i want to see those things i can actively seek them out. i do not want to find them in a cache.

i'd LOVE to see an adult-only cache, if by "adult" you mean a location that would simply be of no interest to children, and with cachebait that would simply be of no interest to children, like mabe household tools and office supplies. perhaps games that are too complicated for children to understand, or maybe the colected works of tolstoy.

Most of the caches I place start out like you mentioned. But, they quickly degrade to mostly kiddy stuff or useless junk. The nature of the game I guess.

I was convinced the OP was playing an April Fools joke...until I saw his posting date.

Salvelinus

Well yes I meant like house hold stuff, maybe a few things that would be boarder line, I don't see much problem with having a pocket knife in a cache, considering, This is nature, Pocket knives come in hand when camping, fishing, hunting etc.

Although i do think it would be interesting to see an adult only cache, of the nature yous are implying. I'd go look just to see what they came up with to put in there.

Edited by maflinchbaugh

hopefully the geocoin was the april fools joke... : ) i have to shake my head when I see those losers with big trucks and mudflaps with women posed on them (luckily I don't see them in my area). pretty lame. you know what they say about [some] guys with big trucks - at least the bumper stickers say it.

Realize what you think is approperate for adults someone else may not. I don't mean to be aprued but then you don't have a right to force waht ever it is you got onto me. Geocaching is open to ALL regardless of age, sex creed etc.... I know you may not think it fun but if I want a CHRISTIAN or BUDDIST only cache then your take offence at that. Come on now be honest.

cheers

I wouldn't be offended if there was a sealed / non-transparent bag that said -"Rated -R" with something adult inside. (Like an r-rated DVD or CD with explicit lyrics for example). That way I could decide for myself what is appropriate or not. I personally do not like other people deciding for me what I *should* look at / listen to / etc.... IMHO I think people need to take more responsibility for THEIR OWN ACTIONS and quit worrying about what other people do, as long as it doesnt hurt them.

Now, what if a "child" (minor?) found this R-Rated DVD? Well, I would think if they were old enough to be out geocaching unsupervised then you would trust them enough and have given them enough training to do the right thing.

Just my opinion

Edited by mantis7
Well yes I meant like house hold stuff, maybe a few things that would be boarder line, I don't see much problem with having a pocket knife in a cache, considering, This is nature, Pocket knives come in hand when camping, fishing, hunting etc.

Although i do think it would be interesting to see an adult only cache, of the nature yous are implying. I'd go look just to see what they came up with to put in there.

If that's what you're referring to, most of my caches qualify as "adult only" caches. I don't even see the need to debate its merits. Go ahead and place it (but be aware of this website's rules regarding pocket knives).

The idea of an 'adult cache' is contrary to what Geocaching is really about. I have been promoting Geocaching for some time now. I would pull my caches and back out of Groundspeak and Geocaching.com immediately. What you do in your own home is your business. There's enough of that kind of stuff in the media. Let's keep Geocaching clean.

Vampire671

How about using a CyberSkin Realistic Vagina as a cache container? If you staple the labia shut it should be pretty water resistant. Big enough inside for a logbook and a few cylindrical trade items.

Um, would it be okay if I borrowed this cache for, say 90 seconds, and then returned it? :mad:

As a Mod: Let's keep it family friendly folks. We can be adults without being "adult" on a family friendly forum.

As a Topic Participant: Geocaching is supposed to be a family friendly activity all the way around. An adult-only cache that discourages families from bringing children along for whatever reason is kind of contrary to what I think is one of Geocaching's central values.

I'd say "nyet," and quite forcefully.

First of all, most of the things that people call "adult" are pretty darned childish. Almost a schoolboy's weird fixation with female body-parts. It is certainly not something that I would ever want to go out into the woods to see. (There are already enough weird things :mad: out in the woods...)

As a Mod:  Let's keep it family friendly folks.  We can be adults without being "adult" on a family friendly forum.

Okay Trippy, u da boss...

As a Topic Participant:  Geocaching is supposed to be a family friendly activity all the way around.  An adult-only cache that discourages families from bringing children along for whatever reason is kind of contrary to what I think is one of Geocaching's central values.

Okay Trippy, u da boss... :mad:

well. i personally dont care if there are ever any "adult" caches. by adult meanin sex oriented. id go find it just to get the find. but imo trading magazines, movies, and toys is just a lil too weird for me.

but

i think its very funny now a days that everybody wants everything conformed to how they want it.

an adult cache would make it unfriendly to families who cache. we cant have that, its not allowed. everything must be 100% child friendly. not to leave anything a child shouldnt have. be it a dirt mag or a pocket knife.

what about the handicapped cachers? not all caches are 100% handicap accessible. thats not fair, but there would never be a rule stating that all had to be that way.

not to mention there are many caches that just by the area of placement have made them not at all family friendly. you cant take your kids to those caches, but i dont see anyone complaining about that. just remember, contents still need to be child friendly though.

just because a cache is placed doesnt mean you have to go there. everyone has their own ways of choosing caches they do. and we all skip caches for one reason or another. skipping a cache because of contents would be no different than skipping one cause its in a bad part of town.

like said before. people just need to take account for their own actions more. if you dont like it, dont go to it. easy as that. but thats just too easy.

How about using a CyberSkin Realistic Vagina as a cache container? If you staple the labia shut it should be pretty water resistant. Big enough inside for a logbook and a few cylindrical trade items.

LMAO :mad:

Funniest thing Ive read in a WHILE! Thanks!

I'd say "nyet," and quite forcefully.

First of all, most of the things that people call "adult" are pretty darned childish. Almost a schoolboy's weird fixation with female body-parts. It is certainly not something that I would ever want to go out into the woods to see. (There are already enough weird things :lol: out in the woods...)

Agreed.

ok lets get off the topic of sexual items, that is not what i meant. I guess the wording of this topic was a little off. Like i said in a previous post, I'm meaning things that an adult would use. household items, tools, pocket knives(pushing the limit there.) But like i stated before, ur in the woods, some of us go camping and find geocaches near by, or if your out staking where your going to hunt maybe a few of us pick them up then 2. point is, a pocket knife, may not be such a bad thing to have in a cahce. I know i have found things in caches, that a child wouldn't like, not bad items just stuff kids don't want. But i must agree with whoever said if a child is old enough to be geocaching by themselves, unsupervised, then they should have the responsibility, to know what they can and cannot posses. And even for that matter about the worst thing i can think of that i've listed is the pocket knife, and even that isn't really a bad thing. Kids can go to yard sales and buy them under 18. with out an adult. Now if i could have some answers to the type of cahce i have listed here above.

ok lets get off the topic of sexual items, that is not what i meant. I guess the wording of this topic was a little off. Like i said in a previous post, I'm meaning things that an adult would use. household items, tools, pocket knives(pushing the limit there.) But like i stated before, ur in the woods, some of us go camping and find geocaches near by, or if your out staking where your going to hunt maybe a few of us pick them up then 2. point is, a pocket knife, may not be such a bad thing to have in a cahce. I know i have found things in caches, that a child wouldn't like, not bad items just stuff kids don't want. But i must agree with whoever said if a child is old enough to be geocaching by themselves, unsupervised, then they should have the responsibility, to know what they can and cannot posses. And even for that matter about the worst thing i can think of that i've listed is the pocket knife, and even that isn't really a bad thing. Kids can go to yard sales and buy them under 18. with out an adult. Now if i could have some answers to the type of cahce i have listed here above.

Cache placement guidelines:

Cache Contents

Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, fireworks, ammo, lighters, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), drugs, alcohol or other illicit material shouldn't be placed in a cache. As always respect the local laws. Geocaching is a family activity and cache contents should be suitable for all ages.

Food items are ALWAYS a BAD IDEA. Animals have better noses than humans, and in some cases caches have been chewed through and destroyed because food items (or items that smell like food) are in the cache. Even the presence of mint flavored dental floss has led to destruction of one cache.

If the original cache contents list any of the above items or other questionable items, or if a cache is reported to have the questionable items, the cache may be disabled, and the owner of the cache will be contacted and asked to remove the questionable items before the cache is enabled.

So, as one of the reviewers put it earlier in the thread; you can hide a cache like that if you like, but don't expect it to be listed on geocaching.com.

Edited by Mopar

I wouldn't conclude that nobody wants a cache that contained items like tools and camping supplies. The only adverse reaction to THAT proposal has been those who've corrected your list of items, to point out things like knives that cannot be left in geocaches.

If someone opened a thread that asked "What are some good items to leave in a cache for adults to find - I see mainly kids' toys?" I think the discussion would've proceeded quite differently. But with a title and opening post that said "adult items" and "adult theme," most readers -- including myself -- reached a different conclusion about what you were asking.

The topic originator may want to start over with a new thread a few days from now. This one's rather irretrievably bolloxed. Therefore, per the topic originator's last post that this is a "dead thread," I am closing it.