Pocket Query Question

natgild

I am trying to develop a query to get all the waypoints within 65 miles of a a set of co-ordinates. I set the maximum number caches at 500 so I will get all the caches in the 65 mile radius. When I run the query, I always get 500 caches around my co-ordinates, many beyond the 65 mile radius I set. It seems like the radius limitation is not working. I tried leaving the number of caches blank, but it looks to me like it defaults back to 100 and I get exactly 100 caches. I am doing something wrong?

No, you aren't doing anything wrong. It's a limitation so that PQ files don't get too big.

You'll need to run 2 or more PQ's to get them all. To get all the caches, separate by "Date placed".

Create a PQ and your coords and such, leaving the day to run blank. Use the criteria for caches place starting on Jan 1, 2000 then pick a date for the end date and submit. Run the search to check the number of caches returned, adjust the last date as needed, and when it is just under 500, then submit that PQ.

Start a new PQ with the day after the end date of the last one and go through the same process. On the last PQ, pick a date way in the future.

Edited by Moose Mob

It sounds to me like the OP's problem is not the 500 cache limit, but the fact that the 65 mile limit doesn't seem to be working:

When I run the query, I always get 500 caches around my co-ordinates, many beyond the 65 mile radius I set. It seems like the radius limitation is not working.

I'd try smaller radii and see if you can get a number that actually seems to limit the results. I've never had a problem doing radius limitations, so this is pretty strange.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did as GrandpKim suggested and my cache hits dropped below 500. I think I was just choosing an area that is too big and actually contains over 500 caches. When I actually plotted them out, sure enough all 500 appear to be in the 65 mile radius. :lol: