I Just Noticed.

russell_53040

how are you uploading them (what program)?

are you sure you had 23 to download?

explain to us your procedure, and also how do you know there is only 15 in the gps?

I can't believe you are out of room but hey!? Have you uploaded anything else?

If all is correct then try clearing all the wpts in the gps and try again.

I have a legend and upload hundreds all the time.

cc\

Please give us some more information.

Which program are you using to make the transfer?

It's possible one of the caches has a bad character in it...

But first we need to have some more info. What program are you using, what steps do you take, and then what happens?

[edit] D'oh! Too slow.

Are some of them named the same thing? If the caches are named the same thing, they will overwrite each other in the GPS.

Is it the first 15 that show up, or just some random 15?

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z
Please give us some more information.

Which program are you using to make the transfer?

It's possible one of the caches has a bad character in it...

But first we need to have some more info. What program are you using, what steps do you take, and then what happens?

Jamie

thanks for the backup - we are crossing each other asking the same things -

lets give him a chance now to tell us what and how he does this -

you did bring up something I had not thought of tho - a corrupted wpt.

How are you getting your wpts Russ?

try eliminating #16 and see what happens.

Are some of them named the same thing? If the caches are named the same thing, they will overwrite each other in the GPS.

nice shot! I thought of that and dismissed it - shouldn't do that.

cc\

Edited by CompuCash

Ok I will try and tell ya so work with me on this.

I down load them from the site here. Then I use the send to the gps button. Not sure how else I can explain it. Not sure how else I can explain it. I did try and save half of them at a time and it still dont work. Im sorry I cant answer this the right way to help. Russ

I did go back and look the names are all diffrent.

Edited by russell_53040

On your GPS, push your Find button (lower button on the left hand side). In the popup menu, highlight "Waypoints" and push the selector button. Now select either option and push the selector button. If you look at the upper right of the screen, the "X" should be highlighted. Using the selector button, select the menu icon just to the right of the "X" and press the selector button. In the popup menu, highlight "Delete All" and press the selector button. In the confirmation menu, highlight the "Yes" answer and press the selector button. This will delete all of your waypoints from the GPS. Now try your download again and let us know how it goes.

Ok I will try and tell ya so work with me on this.

I down load them from the site here. Then I use the send to the gps button. Not sure how else I can explain it. Not sure how else I can explain it. I did try and save half of them at a time and it still dont work. Im sorry I cant answer this the right way to help. Russ

I did go back and look the names are all diffrent.

you are doing ok - we just need as much detail as you can for how you are doing it.

I am not that familiar with easygps - just did a bit of a refresher - had to downlaod and re-install it. Shoulda kept it.

ok - lets go back to some of the other questions -

check your listing of caches - sort on name and see if you have duplicates -

try sorting on waypoint name to see if you have dupe - with only 27 it should be pretty easy to find then if you do .

It still says it did 23 but there is only 15 there. Oh and it says something like 23/1000 when it is done.

ok but please tell us what you did this time -

to 'still be the same'

thanks

cc\

I went and deleted what I had in there to start with in the gps. I then went and click on the send tab. When I click on the track option it only shows 15 to be there.

i had this trouble once when i looked to see if all waypoints uploaded to the gps some where missing the gps was set for nearest caches and it wouldnt show the waypoints that were more than 30 miles away i reset it to all caches and then all waypoints would show that i uploaded

Yipeeeeeeee this was my problem. I was looking for the nearest ones thinking it would give me all of them. Thanks to all that helped me. Your all the best. Russ

Ok, do the "Find" thing again, making sure to select "By Name" this time. Then when you get a list of all of your waypoints, cursor down the list and count them. How many are there in the list?

Glad to hear you found them.

There is 23 of them. There all there. I just wish I could have explain it better.

Also what is the distance it is set for the nearest to on the legend? Thanks again Russ

Edited by russell_53040
i had this trouble once when i looked to see if all waypoints uploaded to the gps some where missing the gps was set for nearest caches and it wouldnt show the waypoints that were more than 30 miles away i reset it to all caches and then all waypoints would show that i uploaded

Yipeeeeeeee this was my problem. I was looking for the nearest ones thinking it would give me all of them. Thanks to all that helped me. Your all the best. Russ

YIpppeeee is a good one -

nice call Shrek -

cc\