Great Va Caches?

Team Haxor

I am in Southeast VA and have been geocaching for a couple of months. My family are starting to gear up and we will be hitting 100 in the next 2 months or so, depending on how much extra time we have. I would like 100 to be memorable. Please post the best cache you can remember in the VA area. A vacation to the spot is not out of the question. I would just like to find some memorable cache to mark my 100th. Thanks, Team Haxor.

www.teamhaxor.com

There are active geocaching groups through YahooGroups.com for both central Virginia (Richmond-Charlottesville) and Hampton Roads (Williamsburg-Virginia Beach). Join one of those groups and you'll have plenty of recommendations.

My apologies for not having the subscribe links available.

I can't speak to many in the Tidewater area, since we are just starting to work into that area, but if you want to come up to Richmond, there are several that are very memorable, depending on what you like. We have a great bunch of cachers up here that are very, very creative!! :lol:

If you are up to a challenge, Fear Factor by Walden Pond is by far my most memorable cache to date. Fear Factor - GCKGRM :lol:

If you are a Civil War Buff, check out "The Civil War in Richmond (aka The Lost Cause)" The Civil War in Richmond (aka The Lost Cause) - GCKWKT Just plan on spending most of the day following the path of the Civil War Soldiers with this one.

For the Kids, there is "Goldenlock and the Three Bears" - Goldenlocks and the Three Bears - GCKBZ3

If you are into beating your head against something hard, the is the CH1 Tribute Multi (I would suggest the original, the CH1 Special 1, but that is in Roanoke, and it may be a bit far for you to go) - CH1 Tribute - GCKKCC :lol:

DeepSeaDivers

You Are the GPS - View it and do it any way i think most os its satalite componets are still active

If memory serves me correctly, I think GLM retired the satalite components...at least the ones he could find. Sounded like a really cool cache....

Hwy

The most memorable one for myself would be the Elvis Confluence that I just found a couple weeks back. It will take you on a 2.6 mile hike one way to the cache at a confluence point. It truly is an experience going into this one. The cacher I enjoyed the trip in with were the first finders in 3 years for this one. It will be a memorable hike for you. I would allow 4-4+ hours round trip for this one as well. This is in the SW VA area. It is just outside of Wythville. 75 South of Roanoke on I-81.

Edited by hobo dude