Waypoints To Etrex

M-T-P

Does anyone know if there is a way to load waypoints automatically into an eTrex? I don't want to spend the $$$ for the computer cable if the only thing it will work with is the $75 Garmin MapSource mapping application. I've heard lots of people using GSAK, but does anyone know if GSAK specifically works with the Garmin eTrex?

I think any GPS related programs work with the Etrex, the most popular GPSr out there. If you dread the complexity and the user fees, try EasyGPS.

It's free, very easy to use and has the Etrex listed as a choice (under preference, choose add a GPS then select Etrex). It takes care of the rest.

I think any GPS related programs work with the Etrex, the most popular GPSr out there. If you dread the complexity and the user fees, try EasyGPS.

Great! Based on this info, I just ordered the cable for the eTrex and will give EasyGPS a try.

BUT, I do want to leave this thread open just a little longer to see if anybody knows specifically about GSAK and the eTrex or any PPC application with the eTrex.

Thanks!

GSAK does much more than colmmunicate with an Etrex. Yes, it communicates with both Garmin and Magellan GPSrs. It also allows keeping a current record of caches and cache status for archived, temporarily unavailable, found and not found caches. With a PDA one can use GSAK to send info to the PDA for doing paperless geocaching.

Enjoy geocaching. :lol:

MM

Omg Huey Flier....where do you get a cable for $15??? It cost me $35 for my serial cable from Garmin.....then an additional $20 for the addapter when I switched computers and the new one required USB.

I use Delorme's Map program... I can take my laptop with me on trips and see real time movement on it's interface. it also gives me all kinds of GPS info I can call up.