cache icons

Guest arffer

Guest arffer

Jeremy,

When I first found your site, I wondered what the various icons on the left side of the cache list meant. Then I found a message on the forum that directed me to:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.asp

The message says that you can get to this page by clicking on the icons. This does not work. Perhaps it is broken, which is why I'm mentioning it.

Other than the above link I found on the forum, I don't see anyway from the site itself to get that page to come up.

For what is worth icon_smile.gif

Alan

Guest arffer

Ah! Thankyou. IMHO, clicking the single icon that appears on the cache page itslef is not intuitive. As there is only one displayed, you may not realize that there are other types that might appear, you just think 'that's a cool icon' and go on. However on the listing page is where you see all the different types, which makes you wonder what they mean. At least it did for me.

Adding to the FAQ page would be a real help. Thanks again for all you do,

Alan

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Click on the icon when you're on a cache page, not a cache results page.

I'll have to add the descriptions to the FAQ.

Jeremy

It would also be nice if a short cache type description were added to the image's ALT text, for those of us who occasionally use wireless text-only devices for geocaching. It would also be nice if the same could be done for the star ratings, for the same reason.