Malti Caches

treeOFHeXXus

Hello,

I was wondering, I never placed a malti cache before.. I understand that all the waypoint locations must not be in another caches persinal space (527 ft). but my question is, can the waypoint locations within a malti cache be closer then 527 ft of each ether?

My situation is, I was out prospecting for a place to hide a new cache and I found tweo REALLY great spots ttoo hide a cache but they were 400 feet from a cache i have in the area(witch is disabled), i though i could archive it and make all three a mati cache I though I could combine them into a malti cache..

RyaN- -

The waypoints within a multi can be however close you want them to be, but its smart to have them far enough apart that you don't accidently find one stage while looking for another. Each waypoint within the multi however will have to be 528 feet from another cache or a stage of another multi

I am more concerned with the points being to far apart. I recently looked at a cache page which advised the cacher that they would need a full tank of gas and most of a day to find all the points. When I saw this I decided that I didn't want to find that cache very badly. At least he was straight up front, but I don't think this is a very well designed multi cache unless you like the cache from hell.

:ph34r:

I am more concerned with the points being to far apart. I recently looked at a cache page which advised the cacher that they would need a full tank of gas and most of a day to find all the points.

A FULL TANK OF GAS?!?

Is this suddenly becoming "Games of the Rich and Famous"?

I think a full tank of gas for caching should be pancakes, toast and coffee. :lol:

I am more concerned with the points being to far apart. I recently looked at a cache page which advised the cacher that they would need a full tank of gas and most of a day to find all the points. When I saw this I decided that I didn't want to find that cache very badly. At least he was straight up front, but I don't think this is a very well designed multi cache unless you like the cache from hell.

:mad:

Then you probably wouldn't want to do this cache! This is one of the most enjoyable caches I have ever done.

What I would do... is to set it up and submit it. Explain carefully in your reviewer-notes where the cache points are, what they are, and why you decided to do it this way.

The guidelines for distance are just that, guidelines. The location of the cache .. the nature of it and the surrounding geography .. is really what determines what's "right" and what's not. If you use care in devising your cache and explain your decision to the reviewer, I'm sure you'll get it approved forthwith.