Nw Nj Trail Conditions

trowel32

Can anyone tell me what the trail conditions are like (or are likely to be) in northwest NJ (Sussex County) this weekend. I want to do the Bearfort Mountain loop and hit some caches, including BrianSnat's new ones and the Waterboy's NY/NJ multi cache. Since its a relatively long hike I would rather wait until the snow/ice/slush/whatever is gone. My boyfriend seems to think it will be gone - I think he is nuts :ph34r: - who is right?

Edited by trowel32
My boyfriend seems to think it will be gone - I think he is nuts  - who is right?

You both are. :ph34r:

As of Sunday at Wawayanda there was still a solid cover of 8 inches of slush on East and North facing. With all the rain we had all that snow should be arriving in Wayne, oh right about now. Yep right on schedule. Oliver's Army at Sunnybank was flooded after work. Suspect Miami to be the same and of course the unapproved I placed on Saturday last past is most definitely swimming. :D

Yesterday (03/30/05) we performed a maintenance check on our “Go Take a Hike” geocache. It was wet and muddy, but almost zero snow could be seen. “Go Take a Hike” is only slightly south of the NY/NJ multi cache, I do not believe you will see much snow.

PS – If the weather is good and you go on Sunday, look for us. We plan to do a maintenance run on this cache then.

WATERBOY WITH WIFE

Very muddy yesterday too (I was caching in NJ)... I was glad that I had my winter hiking boots that are highly rubberized for the first couple of inches... I don't think my regular ones would have stood up well to 5 hours of mud wading....

The forecast is bad... I guess I'll stay home and plot more future caching days this weekend <_<

Performed a maintenance check on the NY/NJ multi-cache. It is in excellent shape. . Replaced out trademark (bottle of water) at each cache. The water bottle is available to the first thirsty cacher.

Saw only a few patches of snow in some isolated, sun-deprived locations. There was plenty of water everywhere, so expect a muddy hike if you go soon.

WATERBOY WITH WIFE

Performed a maintenance check on the NY/NJ multi-cache. It is in excellent shape. . Replaced out trademark (bottle of water) at each cache. The water bottle is available to the first thirsty cacher.

Saw only a few patches of snow in some isolated, sun-deprived locations. There was plenty of water everywhere, so expect a muddy hike if you go soon.

WATERBOY WITH WIFE

Thanks WWW - I might go this weekend or if not, pretty soon. Forecast for possibly another inch of rain just before the weekend - ugh!!!