1st Gps

wayless wayfarer

I'm glad we could help.

I wish all new cachers would come into getting started. Experience is such an valuable tool!

If you haven't gone out caching yet, I do suggest you look up a local and ask them to take you out and show you the ropes.. You learn a lot actually being out on a cache hunt.

If you haven't gone out caching yet, I do suggest you look up a local and ask them to take you out and show you the ropes.. You learn a lot actually being out on a cache hunt.

Good suggestion...but I would recommend going for it by yourself. To me the joy was going out there by myself and learning all I could. I would suggest reading all you can here on the fourms. I didn't know they existed when I first started. I've been "into" it for two years now and I am still learning things here. I would suggest going after those 1/1 large caches first...maybe for your first dozen or so before going after a micro. You might try an easy 1/1 micro that everyone posts an "easy find" log report. I am not saying that hooking up with a local is a bad idea. That is one way to go if you don't feel comfortable going out by yourself. Everyone has different cache hunting styles and you need to create your own. Thing to remember is have fun, enjoy and don't get addicted. :rolleyes: