Premium Membership: Is It Worth It?

AE_Rodney

Hi

I agree with Whostops regarding the contribution, but there are other matters as well.

When you are a Premium Member you can set up Pocket Queries for example.

This way you automatically receive information about certain caches, your Watchlist for example, on predefined days.

If you use a program like GSAK you can have these Pocket Queries sent in *.gpx format in stead of the *.loc format you would normally use.

These *.gpx files cointain a wealth of information that you use to build up your database(s).

Unfortunately I still haven't found a way to pay for my version of GSAK and the nag screens are driving me up the wall.

So, in a nutshell, if you do a lot of geocaching it is definitely worthwhile.

Happy Hunting

:ph34r:

Edited by Metro Nomad

Agree with WhoStops and MetroNomad.

I've only ever done one Member only cache. Thought it might be something really special... it wasn't, in fact it was quite lame and I was most disappointed.

I can see no reason to exclude half the GC community from a cache?!?!?!

So, I could just aswell contribute by buying travel bugs and other murchandise, because it all goes to the same people? Right?

That's the way I feel about it.

Paying for the pocket query feature when there are so few caches in this country (province) is a waste as far as I am concerned.

I'll happily contribute through other products on which I am sure the host site makes a profit!