Query Names In The Pq Files?

larsl

Would it be possible to add the PQ names in the query files? That would make things easier to organise. The (so far unused) global <name> tag in the GPX files could be used for this.

Having the search parameters in the GPX file would also be nice.

IIRC, you use some kind of UNIX-like substance. Thefore, it's trivial to script your .procmailrc to bust apart the incoming messages and use the name you gave the PQ as I teased in:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=0entry352139

For a beer or two, I'll show you the script that unpacks my PQ's, puts them in a fixed place, fondles the names, calls GPSBabel to merge/filter them, etc.

I don't use procmail - I do mailbox and spam filtering directly on the IMAP server, and use Evolution at home and webmail away from home. I'm planning to write a cron job that downloads new PQs from the IMAP server a couple of times every day and imports them into my local database, so I could extract the name there too - but it would still be nice to have it in the GPX file.

Edited by larsl

You could use the same technque I described in your cron script, lars. I won't argue that it'd be nice to have it easily extractable in the file, but the reality is that the more you take this kind of thing into your own hands ane the less you wait for site changes, the happier you'll probably be.

The fondle part costs less than the grope part...