Anyone Else Having Trouble With Membership Status

chstress53

Has anyone else experienced making the yearly payment to Groundspeak for membership to premium member and then gc.com not reflecting that payment? They took away my premimum membership and was downgraded to member. Here is a copy from my on line bank account with the payment. 02/28/2005

Withdrawal CKCD DEBIT 02/27 PAYPAL *GROUNDSPEA402-935-7733 WA $30.00 I have emailed gc.com and only got back a computer generated reply. I am frustrated as I only am off from work though tomorrow and I can not use the features I have paid for. If others are experiencing this same thing, I would like to sympathize with you.

Your bank has made the transaction but it has not cleared at the other end. It will clear soon and your membership will be reactivated. You can also go to the links for making your payment and see that there is an explanation for the delay when using a bank account and not a credit card. I would not get in a panic over the transaction unless it has not cleared in a week or so.

I don't want to use PayPal to subscribe. How can I become a member?

If you don't wish to use PayPal to subscribe, you can send a check or money order for $30 payable to Groundspeak to the following address:

Groundspeak

ATTN: Subscriptions

24 Roy St PMB 321

Seattle, WA 98109-4018

This will cover an annual subscription (sorry, no monthly subscriptions). Make sure to indicate your login name so we can set it up with a premium membership. We will email you once it has been activated.

Also on your subscription page it tells you in large red print that this will take place in 4-6 days after the transaction at you end.

Edited by Cachengrab

What do you know. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Suddenly my membership is now activated. Thanks everyone. ( By the way I posted here as a last resort as I did email Groundspeak the second week in March and only received a computer generated email) But all is well that ends well. Someone must have heard me thank you whoever you are.