The Little Blue Pool

EraSeek

Boy, I'll bet Jeremy hates me for doing this little pool. He's not big on numbers.

I wondered how long before this was brought up. I had my own little pool on how long before someone brings up that geocaching isn't a competition. <_<

Had April 2nd. Dang! So close.

Well it really isn't in my book either. This is just a little sideline fun. I had the day off. If you saw what I did today you'd really know "this IS no competition!" B)

Yay! At long last the logging is complete!

Current total Eraseek 877 LB 823    Difference=54  :D

Hmm...

Oh my it looks like it will happen soon. :(

Pepper

I'm counting on a post-cache machine slowdown period :( Maybe I should hide some new ones around EraSeek's house :D

They should call a truce, approach 1000 together, get 1000 at the same time, and then race to a designated cache for 1001. :laughing:

Nah, she can't cache that slow and I can't cache tht fast. Maybe we will be close enough to hit 900 together.

The other day I had planned on hiding one and then going off to nail a bunch, but the one was not ready yet,,, so I planted an inpromptu cache, hit one, got caught up in the sunshine and just didn't feel like racing around. So I sat in the sun for a bit and planted another. 1 find, 2 hides, and 2 maintainence runs. That's how my caching goes.

Current: ES=877 LB=823 Diff=54

Taken Dates

April:

8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

May:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19,

June:

1, 2, 10, 17, 21,

Edited by EraSeek
Hiding one?! HIDING ONE?? Little Blue, there are caches to be found between now and April 10th! You can always hide one later!!!   

Relax! :ph34r: I actually hid it two weeks ago, just going to check on it and enable it tomorrow! :lol:

And I found 4 today, so

Eraseek=877 Little Blue=827 Difference=50

:laughing:

Hiding one?! HIDING ONE?? Little Blue, there are caches to be found between now and April 10th! You can always hide one later!!!   

Relax! :ph34r: I actually hid it two weeks ago, just going to check on it and enable it tomorrow! :laughing:

And I found 4 today, so

Eraseek=877 Little Blue=827 Difference=50

:lol:

Whoa! Slow down. You don't want to burn out. 3 per day. 2 on Fridays.

Unless of course Eraseek starts up in the next 18 days ;)

Well, I for one am relieved that you don't plan to eat LittleBlue if you win.

That is one of the funniest typos I've seen in a while ;) Thanks for much needed laugh today!

Hiding one tomorrow!

:D:laughing::D:D

I'm glad I made some people laugh. Now since I brought a smile to your face, be sure to bring one to mine. Plan on signing that last log on May 16th will ya.

:ph34r::lol::D:D

P.S. what am I trying to win anyways.........

If it makes ya'll feel better, I currently have a gimpy knee from carrying my 4 yr old on the hike at Tolt MacDonald Park.  :unsure:

Would you like me to drive down there and hide a bunch of lightpole caches that you can just drive right up to? I'd hate to think that you weren't able to get out and do plenty of caching in the next few days :D:D

OK, now the excuses start:

Yesterday I worked 11 hours. Today I worked 10 hours and then from there to school meetings until 8:30pm. Just got home and no dinner yet.

Sorry guys, I'm not holding up my end very well. :blink:

Looks like LB added some more:

Current: ES=877 LB=830 Diff=47

Taken Dates

April:

May:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19,

June:

1, 2, 10, 17, 21,

Edited by EraSeek

Hey - LB would still be out there on the course, dinner or no dinner (and i'm reading it at 12:15). You should deputize a few of us (says the guy with 1/5 of LB's total, after beginning 2-3 months ahead of her). She's already creamed the rest of us first year members. You've got to maintain some dignity for the longer-term crowd. :blink:

You've got to maintain some dignity for the longer-term crowd. :blink:

Yeah, EraSeek, first it's you, next it's me and Jester. Then marcusarelius and k7-wave, then puppers and masterpuzzler....before long, lucyandrickie and pepper will fall...and then the grand master, Moun10Bike. And that's just in 2005....

Ha!  At the time of that article, I had fewer finds than LittleBlue does now and it took me two and a half years to get them!  She got hers in what - a week? :)

Come on, Moun10Bike! Give yourself a break! Back when your career started there were only what, 150 caches world-wide? Of course it would take a while to get some numbers! :D

When I first ran into Moun10Bike he only had something like 20 cache finds! Now look where he's at and I'm at. Perhaps I'm just more discerning :D .

Whatever. LB, put me out of my misery! Went out in the rain after work, looked for 4. All were a disaster! What the heck would someone be doing cleaning out their hottub in the pouring rain just 15 feet away from the cache I want!

From now on I'm back to caching as I like to cache. Select one or two interesting sounding caches in an area and go after them at my leasure and enjoy whatever extras I find along the way.

Current: ES=877 LB=831 Diff=46

Taken Dates

April:

May:

June:

1, 2, 10, 17, 21,

Come on Era, Little Blue is bound to slow down soon. Big chunk was grabbed over the weekend, so she'll have some burn out from that. If you want some of us later "guesses" could stop by LB's and flatten a few tires......borrow her skates, or steal her bike!.....you gotta make it last at least another say 34 days. :D

EraSeek has the "Blues"

Blue because folks are counting on him.

Blue because he feels guitly when he steals time to hunt caches.

Blue because of the rainy weather.

Blue because he is unsucessful at those he does hunt.

Blue because scorekeeping is time consuming.

Blue because he would prefer to hike miles between finds.

Blue because lovable LittleBlue is........

.............womping the heck out of our numbers game.

But, the Blues don't last forever;

Vialdi provided music for every season!

I'm thinking I don't like this beat ES game :D

Slow and steady young man, that seems to make you happy.

I guess I just need to over the hill find her driveway and BLOCK it, that should take care of the little blue getting ahead of ES blues! :D

Hmmm...sounds like a plan.

It's gonna be nice Saturday so ES enjoy your day.

Pepper

ES, no pressure to change the way you cache of course, we all have different "fun" triggers. But maybe you should 'forget' to log a few next week so you can make a late surge to stave off the inevitable (that's not like point shaving, is it?). :D

Just try not to inhale the exhaust when she blows by,

LB passed me at #187 on 11/28/04. She'd been caching for about six weeks. It took me 14 months to get to that point! At current pace, her count will be 1500+ at the one year mark.

I'm just glad she finds time to hide a few, so I can keep plodding.

I like your methods. I have held off doing Wind and Wing all this time, waiting for the perfect evening (mid summer, NOT hunting season, not raining); I'll know it when I see it, and savor it.

paul2tele

I'm normally not a creative thinker but it occurred to me, if all of us "oldsters" banded together to temporarily disable the caches that LB hasn't found, we might give ES a fighting chance to gain some distance?

At least to delay until 4/27, our chosen date. :D:D:D

EraSeek has the "Blues"

Blue because folks are counting on him.

Blue because he feels guitly when he steals time to hunt caches.

Blue because of the rainy weather.

Blue because he is unsucessful at those he does hunt.

Blue because scorekeeping is time consuming.

Blue because he would prefer to hike miles between finds.

Blue because lovable LittleBlue is........

.............womping the heck out of our numbers game.

But, the Blues don't last forever;

Vialdi provided music for every season!

Hee hee. nice little ditty. Guess now is a great time to point out what my avatar is.... It's the Wailing Wall folks.

ff105a57-4e36-4aee-b9eb-77ccf86d613a.jpg

must be here some place...

If you want some of us later "guesses" could stop by LB's and flatten a few tires......borrow her skates, or steal her bike!.....

I guess I just need to over the hill find her driveway and BLOCK it, that should take care of the little blue getting ahead of ES blues!

Hmm... now I'm starting to wonder about that blown transmission on the way to a cache last month! :D:D

EraSeek,

We don't talk about the caches you have found we talk about the caches you hide.

Thanks! Very nice of you to say that.

No need to dis-"able" Little Blue , people, she's too nice to do that to, and it may as well happen sooner than later. :(

Wow! What a beautiful day! Wish I coulda been out enjoying it. Had to work.

Well today the guesses start getting checked off the boards. Totem Lake chose this day as my downfall. At least I've survived the first one. :(

Current: ES=877 LB=837 Diff=40

Taken Dates

April:

May:

June:

1, 2, 10, 17, 21

In regards to my avatar, I really like it. I think it portrays someplace where we all have been before. Endlessly searching for that micro that could be in a thousand different cracks, testing your addiction. Elusive darn things sometimes, ...caches.

Edited by EraSeek