Mill Creek: Police Were Called...

GO West

Is anyone familiar with the cache described below?

Herald, The (Everett, WA)

Copyright 2005 The Daily Herald Co., Everett, Wash.

March 19, 2005

Section: Local News

Crime Watch

Herald staff

Mill Creek

16200 block of 26th Place SE, March 5. Police were called to a reported suspicious-looking container hidden in the woods. A Washington State Patrol bomb technician responded and informed officers it was a geocache, a container hidden for people seeking the item with a global positioning device.

I swear I looked at the page for that cache earlier today! Somehow I missed the logs.

Now I have a classic cache to aim for my personal #500... or maybe I'll just go out and grab it this weekend.

jcar, thanks for revealing the general location of this "?" cache.

peas.

That was in fact Nickel Creek mystery cache which I wasn't able to find because I didn't have enough time to search for it. It was hidden by ncascademtns and I'm guessing the container is one of those black pvc pipe containers because at around the same time he hid RYKY's mystery cache which is that type of container.

What possible difference could that make?

The reviewer for my area lives an hour north of me. Before I moved here, he lived 7 hours north of me. My caches aren't treated any different just because I'm closer.

People that live outside of the Seattle area think less of those of us that DO live in the Seattle area.

:rolleyes:

Hope they're from down here and not another Puget Sounder.

The reviewer for my area lives an hour north of me. Before I moved here, he lived 7 hours north of me. My caches aren't treated any different just because I'm closer.

Local knowledge of local issues. Lets say you are promoted from Mod to Approver and assigned my area (which I think is a hornets nest disproportionate to it's size). What do you know about the Portneuf Greenway Foundations take on caches on their properties?

Heck even if PNWadmin is from my town and from the PGF as well as an avid cacher I won't even know that they do know what they are talking about because PNWadmin is not their real geocaching name.

PNWadmin has to be nice seeing as he now CONTROLS your caches, right? :rolleyes:

At least be nice for a while until their true colors show up and not try to run them out of town before they have their chance.

No, I am not trying to kiss up seeing as I really don't give a rat's backside where they are from, which area they cover, gender, sexual preference, eye color, shoe size or whatever.

It seems to me that so long as they are willing to give the JOB a shot AND that we need more approvers, it should not matter who they are as geocachers.

Give them a fair chance for crying out loud. (Even if this is a load)

Logscaler.

Opps, sorry about the typo. Stupid fingers this morning it seems.

(( PS )) But to add something else,

RK, If you know of an area that there are restrictions on, why not put your best foot forwards and via private e-mail, inform the new approvers about those areas?

Seems to me like that would make their job that much easier instead of having to learn of those places the hard way.

Edited by logscaler

Local knowledge of local issues. Lets say you are promoted from Mod to Approver and assigned my area (which I think is a hornets nest disproportionate to it's size). What do you know about the Portneuf Greenway Foundations take on caches on their properties?

Our cache approver for British Columbia is from Georgia :unsure:

And... thanks for the quick approval of my new cache in La Conner, PNWadmin! :rolleyes:

When I moved down south (of the PNW) I noticed a markedly different level of cache maintenance than I did up in the Puget Sound region. Nothing to do with the quality of approvers, we have top notch approvers. Just a matter of the approvers for three states all living in the same area and having a much different relationship with the cachers and less knowledge of the areas.

Sorry about derailing the thread.

Last weekend, Red and I where near a cache in a widespot.

Where a bunch of construction equipment was parked.

It was evening and getting dark.

First car by?

State Trooper.

Pulled right in.

Rolled his window down and asked if everything was alright.

I told him I was looking for a geocache.

He just got a big grin, said have fun and left.

Just right.

Logscaler and Red.

He approved my latest cache.

actually it does make a difference. The closer you get to me the faster I get yours listed. I don't want you driving by to complain. :ph34r::lol:

RK, still up to the same old poop I see. Nice to see you never change :laughing:

Edited by CO Admin

Actually Logscaler you are not derailing the post, Everybody else has. Nice to see that the Police are more aware now that not every black container under a bush is a bomb.

BTW did anybody see that putt by Tiger, never thought it would go in. (note: this is only a partial derail).

Edited by Thomas & Dingo