Project Ape - Anyone With More Than One?

GrnXnham

It appears that there are only three Project Ape caches left that haven't been archived or changed to traditional caches. My brother lives near Chicago and he plans to go looking for the one near there soon. He already found the Ape Cache out here in the Puget Sound area when he was visiting us last summer. I think the third Ape Cache is on the East coast.

Just curious:

Are there any cachers out there with 2 Project Ape caches logged?

Does anyone have all three?

Ironically, I will be in Chicago this weekend working. That one is in my PDA and GPS. Logs on that cache page indicate that someone had just found it for their second one. I was third to the one in Atlanta, so *if* I do get to find this one it would be my second.

Ironically, I will be in Chicago this weekend working. That one is in my PDA and GPS. Logs on that cache page indicate that someone had just found it for their second one. I was third to the one in Atlanta, so *if* I do get to find this one it would be my second.

Hey, Mtn-man...I live only a few miles from the APE...get in touch if you're heading that way!

I just did a search and there is no Project Ape cache in Atlanta or even in Georgia for that matter. The only three I could find are in Washington, Maryland, and Illinois.

What did you find in Atlanta? Is it a Project Ape cache that has been archived?

Ironically, I will be in Chicago this weekend working.  That one is in my PDA and GPS.  Logs on that cache page indicate that someone had just found it for their second one.  I was third to the one in Atlanta, so *if* I do get to find this one it would be my second.

I just did a search and there is no Project Ape cache in Atlanta or even in Georgia for that matter. The only three I could find are in Washington, Maryland, and Illinois.

Mission 10a: River Bearer (archived 3/18/03)

Ironically, I will be in Chicago this weekend working.  That one is in my PDA and GPS.  Logs on that cache page indicate that someone had just found it for their second one.  I was third to the one in Atlanta, so *if* I do get to find this one it would be my second.

Mission 10a: River Bearer (archived 3/18/03)

Yep, that's the one I found. It was kind of fun trying to race to the cache. I kept hitting refresh that day and saw it and told my boss I was leaving! It was far enough away that I could not get there first. The FTF was quite the cacher at that time so it was nice that he was first.

I did get the Mission 12: Blind Canal Cache in Chicago cache yesterday. I have a bit of the flu so I did it, ate, got the hotel and pretty much fell out last night. Stunod, I called but my cell phone would not run the call through for some reason. I tried a few times and got a Verizon error message. With the flu I've got it is probably best. I did see a couple of deer while going out to the cache (photo below). It was a treat to do this cache. My sincere thanks to Markwell for keeping it going. It was awesome to flip through the original logbook.

That's two POTA caches now. I need to try to find the other two! I'm going to Washington DC next week... hmmmmm.

ae03b742-ac36-4226-b926-44a8a3a3f293.jpg