A Halloween Event!

Shop99er

Rats! Looks like my travel plans put me up there a few weeks too early for what sounds like a GREAT party.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays as well. Much like you all have posted in here - we get 500 + kids each year coming through our 'haunted yard'.

My best attraction is a 4 foot tall Jack-in-the-Box built from plywook and painted. I crouch on a chest inside so I'm about 6 feet tall when the kids come by (I have a psycho clown mask and a costume draped to the sides of the box.

THEN, I stand up (all 6'3" of me) and I end up about 10 feet tall! SO MUCH FUN!

Enough rambling - have fun y'all.

BOO!

Just a reminder to get those costumes out and dusted off. Halloween is right around the corner!

We're planning on lots of food, a craft table for the kids, costume contests, give aways, games and lots of chances to tell those lusty caching tales.

The Waterman Club will be decorated and spooky and we hope you will be too!! :rolleyes:

As an added bonus we are hiding a one-night-only night cache in the woods behind the Waterman Club. If you want to find it we will allow a double 'find' on the event page so you can get two smile faces....but it's not about the numbers.....

And our event coin has arrived and it looks even better than the drawn design! If you want a coin you'll have to attend to get it. Anything left over will be announced, at some point, on the forums for sale but it's first come and first served. The GeoLuau coin sold out within a couple of hours so we don't expect the Halloween coins to last much longer. Please note, we will not take pre-orders for this coin.

Hope to see you all there!

Hcoin3.jpg

Edited by Shop99er
It's no fun if you don't dress up- the whole point of Halloween!

:blink:  :ph34r:  :P

I agree 110%! It's the one time of the year we can act like fools, dress up, play pretend and scare the pee out of little children. How can you NOT like that sort of holiday!?

Costumes aren't required but they are appreciated and we're coming in costume! Wait till you see!!

Yeah, I remember talking about it- but wanted to make sure you were still going. Don't you have a druid costume or something? It's no fun if you don't dress up- the whole point of Halloween! I'm going as... well, remember the girl on the ferry?

:oB):)

If she dressed like that I will so be there with a camera. B):)

Yeah, I remember talking about it- but wanted to make sure you were still going. Don't you have a druid costume or something? It's no fun if you don't dress up- the whole point of Halloween! I'm going as... well, remember the girl on the ferry?

:)  :o  B)

If she dressed like that I will so be there with a camera. :)B)

Someone has GOT to explain this to me!! :)

Someone has GOT to explain this to me!! :)

On the way back from GeoLuau II, we encountered a group of kids that were heading to Seattle to go to the Tattoo event that was happening at the Center.

All were tattooed, but one of the ladies was also dressed in a white, latex nurses outfit... :)

It almost made one want to be sick...OK, sicker than I already am...or something... B)B)

Someone has GOT to explain this to me!!  :)

On the way back from GeoLuau II, we encountered a group of kids that were heading to Seattle to go to the Tattoo event that was happening at the Center.

All were tattooed, but one of the ladies was also dressed in a white, latex nurses outfit... B)

Hey. We saw those the other day at Hot Topic.

If you don't like latex, you can get it in a nice poly blend, too.

For the costume challenged I'll be happy to bring along my box of Pirate Gear. 

We used to go to a party where, if you didn't come in costume as they had requested, they'd dress you on the spot! It was, generally, never pretty.

With what you've got in your closet you can probably put together a costume fairly easily.

:D Got cowboy boots or a hat? Get a flannel shirt, some toy 6-shooters and you're a rootin' tootin' cowboy/girl.

:D Got a lacy skirt and some scarves? Get some big earrings, tie the scarves around your hips and head and you're a fortune teller.

<_< Got a black garbage bag? Get some purple balloons, blow them up and pen them to the bag and you're a bunch of grapes.

;) Got a white lab coat (and who doesn't?) spatter it with red paint, buy a plastic knife and you're a mad scientist.

It's easy! Trust me!

I'm not saying what we're going as but for one of us.....all I can say is MOOOOO ;)

I was thinking of dressing up as a geo-cacher but I bet someone else has already picked that costume out.

Paint myself green and go as a micro?

Or dress in camo and tell everyone that I have a micro hidden on me?

Get an orange tee shirt and goes as a pumpkin?

Spray paint a broom stick silver stick it up my shirt and go as an antenna ball topper?

Wear a large garbage sack and goes as CITO?

I plan on attending! I have most of my costume already, just have to pick up those last few finishing touches. I'll just give one hint: mint green!

I was also thinking about spending the afternoon, caching in the area since there are a lot of caches I have yet to find in the Port Orchard area. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know!

And our event coin has arrived and it looks even better than the drawn design! If you want a coin you'll have to attend to get it. Anything left over will be announced, at some point, on the forums for sale but it's first come and first served. The GeoLuau coin sold out within a couple of hours so we don't expect the Halloween coins to last much longer. Please note, we will not take pre-orders for this coin.

Dang it! That's the weekend I will be in California - I was thinking this was Halloween weekend (wonder why?), when I could attend. No frolicking, costumes, or coin for me, it seems.....*sniff* :rolleyes: