A Halloween Event!

Shop99er

Alright all you Hallowieners! We've booked the location and we're planning a Halloween event.

Shop99er and Microbusgeeks are hosting a Halloween party for the whole family on Saturday, October 22nd in the Port Orchard area.

Drag out those clown shoes, dust off the vampire cape and shine up those Vulcan ears. :ph34r: This is going to be a costume party with prizes for the best costumes in adult and kids divisions. There's going to be food and games and lots of prizes.

If this goes well, and we're depending on you to make it a success, this will become an annual event trading back and forth, from year to year, with Microbusgeeks in a Seattle location and Shop99er in a Kitsap County location.

Can we count on your support?

Boy, you are a busy one. Next week you will be announcing the Christmas Party.

Thanks, I probably won't make the party. Everyone always says what a great costume I have on and it's just what I always wear. But that's a long ways off, I might want to celebrate my 1000th find there. Dick, W7WT

Boy, you are a busy one. Next week you will be announcing the Christmas Party.

Thanks, I probably won't make the party. Everyone always says what a great costume I have on and it's just what I always wear. But that's a long ways off, I might want to celebrate my 1000th find there. Dick, W7WT

No, no plans for a Christmas pary....at least as far as I know. The Boss might have other ideas, though.

But, there is GeoLuau II in August.

If you need a fog machine or other decorations let us know we have a few.

Thank you for your generosity in offering a fog machine. The Mr. and I have been Hallowieners for 20 years and are slopping over in props and ghoulish doo-dads. We don't just have A fog machine...we have 3!!

Our best Halloween story involves those fog machines. One year we had tiki torches lined up in front of our bay window which reflected the flame and made it look like it was double. We had a couple of fog machines set up and, apparently, it was pretty thick when a Kitsap Transit bus went by, saw the flames, saw the smoke and called the fire department!

A fire engine and a rescue truck came screaming down the hill and stopped at our house. I thought it was a local charity thing...firemen bring kids down to trick or treat...so I went out, full costume on, with a hand full of candy. At the bottom of the stairs I met up with a bunch of firemen in full gear wanting to know where the fire was. It was one of those spectacular three second pauses where we're both bug-eyed and freaked out. Fire? There's no fire...wait...OHHHHH. NO, no..that's tiki torches and fog machines!

If that wasn't the best part of Halloween .....the fireman who had to write up a report found that the only light bright enough to see to write in was right next to the demon dog (red blinking eyeballs of course) who was on a 30 second bark/growl loop. Every 30 seconds his writing on the paper had a little skitterish peak to it. Now that everyone's heart rate was back to normal we all thought that was pretty stinking funny.

All the firemen and rescue guys took a look around and said they were going to have to send their kids to our house. About 30 minutes later we had a bunch of firemen's kids and wives at our house. It was the best Halloween ever!

So, if you happen to be in the downtown Manchester area on Halloween night ....stop by. You'll know the house when you see it.

Debbie (aka...Da Boss)

My birthday is on Halloween. :ph34r:

I insist you attend! Sure, you could spend your birthday with friends and family but they'll just ask you if you feel older and make you wear that pointy hat.

If you do attend our Halloween event....... I'll get you a special birthday cake and we'll sing Happy Birthday to you...although it might be the 'you look like a monkey' version.... and we might ask you to wear a pointy hat.....

Mrs. Shop99er

My birthday is on Halloween. :huh:

I insist you attend! Sure, you could spend your birthday with friends and family but they'll just ask you if you feel older and make you wear that pointy hat.

If you do attend our Halloween event....... I'll get you a special birthday cake and we'll sing Happy Birthday to you...although it might be the 'you look like a monkey' version.... and we might ask you to wear a pointy hat.....

Mrs. Shop99er

I'll see if we can make it. You don't have to get a birthday cake.

I might be able to make this. I'm a big Halloween fan.

Oh you are after my heart! Love your yard!!

Check out a few things at my Halloween site. It's got a few of my costumes and decorations from past years.

If you look at the Manchester Community Association's page you can check out my Haunted Garden and see what we do currently.

That's very cool. My gravestones were made from 4x8' sheets of plywood. I marble painted them, then took rustoleum and paint etched the epitaphs in. I have a fogger as well and use it to great effect although not as great as the firefighter attention catcher that you created.

At our previous home, we gave away over 50 lbs. of candy and had a steady group of 20 or so kids milling about in the street in front of us. We've been struggling to get kids to our new house, but it appears we are starting to become known and drawing them in. I have to say the fogger helps and I'm planning on a second one to add for the coming season.

Alright...we've got a few things ironed out on the yet to be named Halloween GeoEvent on the 22nd of October.

We've rented out an old one room school house in Port Orchard. It should lend itself to spookiness just the way it is but we'll spook it up a little more.

There is a little wooded area behind the school and we were thinking we might put a one night only night cache out there for those who would be so inclined to run out and hunt something.

Inside there's going to be costume contests for adults and kids, games for adults and kids (all with spooky prizes) and, if we can get the supplies together, we'll also have an activities table for kids to make spooky things from pipe cleaners, napkins, bits of foam and what ever else is laying loose.

Of course the'll be food and plenty of it. I've found some wonderful recipes for Kitty Litter Box Cake, Severed Ladies Fingers, Brain Dip, Pinkie Fingers in BBQ Sauce and the much more.

Hope to see you there! If we don't see you here maybe we'll see you at bumblingbs Spookfest '05.

Bumblingbs will be hosting a slightly different type of Halloween event the following weekend. It's enough to make a reall Halloweiner giddy!

Just bringing this back to the top for a reminder. The party is still on for the 22nd of October. It will be in Port Orchard. As soon as we're allowed to post we will be launching the event.

What we do know....

Costumes appreciated

Prizes for the best costumes in adult and kid divisions

Lots of food provided but asking you to bring a dish

Craft table for kids

Games and prizes

What we don't know...

An official name for the event

A starting and ending time although we are thinking starting at about 6 and ending at about midnight. That way kids who have to be in bed early can and those who can stay longer can.

Mark your calendars!

The girls thought "Lions, Tigers, and Geocachers OH MY!" would be a fun name. Or maybe "Ghosts, Goblins and Geocachers".

We were thinking A GeoHalloween Spooktacular which is sooo 10 minutes ago. I like the Ghosts, Goblins and Geocachers! I'll pass it by the co-hosts to see what they say.

THANKS!

The girls thought "Lions, Tigers, and Geocachers OH MY!" would be a fun name. Or maybe "Ghosts, Goblins and Geocachers".

We were thinking A GeoHalloween Spooktacular which is sooo 10 minutes ago. I like the Ghosts, Goblins and Geocachers! I'll pass it by the co-hosts to see what they say.

THANKS!

Mr. Shop99er here,

I was thinking "Vampires, Mummies, and the GeoGhost".

Now the coin and the patch are great ideas that we had not considered. Those are spectacular ideas!! You people have such big brains I'm surprised your necks can hold your head up!

What we briefly talked about tonight is having a patch for the Halloween event and a coin done for the luau next year. A coin for the Halloween event sounds great but I'm not sure we have enough time to get it designed and underway before Halloween. We're also concerned with how we could recoup the outlay of cash to have the coin and patch done. Any ideas?

I can finance the coin for the party and just collect from everyone. I like the idea of a pumpkin shaped coin with with the info of the party on it. We can add some other interesting designs (ghosts, vampires etc) after the main part is done. I would order 100 of them maximum and give everyone that shows up to the party first shot at buying them. Any extras would go to the other cachers on the web.

We could get this minted by party time. If we had it to the mint by mid september it could be done in plenty of time for the party. If there are no objections I will start to work on getting this done.

Depending on how many coins you let people buy, I doubt there will be any left if you only order 100.

And it looks like I'm now taking a trip to your neck of the woods for a Halloween party...since who can pass up a limited edition coin?

And that's a VERY cool patch there TM!

Anyone have an extra room for a lonely Druid? :rolleyes:

Edited by Allanon
I can be scary and graphic, but it's nothing the kids haven't seen in their video games or tv shows these days. I've got a good following coming to my house that says I do good too.  :rolleyes:

We started out haunting our yard with very kid sensitive things. Nothing too scary. Very cartoony. They could have cared less. The more gross, the more blood, the more startling, the better they liked it.

So, as far as costumes go....if it doesn't involve a naked body part (upper or lower on both models)....if it doesn't involve something that is TOO political... we're fine with it. Naked fake butts out the back of a hospital gown...fine. Pregnant nuns...fine. Hatchet in the forehead...fine.

And just to spice it up a little bit....we're thinkin of putting a little night cache together for the event. I'm pretty sure it'sNOT going to be one you will be able to claim on geocaching.com but it will be a little added bonus to the event to get to hunt something.

I am minting a limited number of these coins.  They can be picked up at the party or mailed if you do not attend.  The price is $6 each with insurance of $1.25 (not responsible if lost in the mail).  If you are intersted in a coin send me an email or paypal me to rjg1966@hotmail.com.  At this time we are limiting them to two per person but if we have extras will sell them to anyone that wants one.  The coin should be done by September 1st.

Here is the latest version of the coin which is going to be minted in a limited supply and wanted by all collectors! :)

http://www.geocities.com/rgerth2000/halloweencoin.JPG

Attention, Everyone!!

As the host for this event, it is my decision as to when the coins will be sold to the folks that do not attend.

Here's how this is gonna work.

The coins are reserved for cachers that attend Vampires, Mummies, and the GeoGhost. After the event, the coins that are left over will then be made available to non-attendees.

There will be NO pre-event sales. Allanon, your purchase is not guaranteed, as this was not cleared through the hosts.

Well, I AM planning to attend, since that was the original way to get the coins...

But, since it's not 100% certain (being 3 months away and all), KirklandExplorers if you will kindly refuse that payment, it would be appreciated.

And it's just my opinion, but you two might consider communicating a bit better... :)

The KirklandExplorers have done a fabulous job of getting the Halloween coin launched and has handed it off to us. We thank them for all the effort and time envolved.

When the coin is finalized it will be announced on a new Halloween thread on this forum so keep your eyes peeled!

And you didn't hear this from me...but there's a 80% chance that there will be a GeoLuau event coin for THIS YEAR!!....but you didn't hear that from me. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh