Streets & Trips And Gsak

I use Streets and Trips connected to my GPS for geocaching. I use GSAK to create a list of waypoints (waypoints.csv file) that I place on the map using the Streets & Trips "Import Data Wizard". This works great for placing hundreds of pushpins in exactly the right place. The problem is I have to right click on each pushpin separately to display the name of the waypoint.

Is there a way of having Streets and Trips display the names of all waypoints (pushpins) with a single command?

I don't have an answer about waypoints names but thought this thread might interest you. "Creating MSST Maps" describes how to setup GSAK and MSST to filter and import the data and automatically create pushpin maps of caches. It works like a charm. :ph34r:

If anyone knows how to make the file directory sticky in MSST I'd be interested. It defaults back to "My Documents".

Don't know about showing all information with one command but it's quite quick to use TAB to highlight each in turn and F8 to show or hide the information. I like it that way because usually I only want to show the info for some but not all and you can decide if you want to show or hide as you TAB through them.

Just showing the name is one more keystroke. Holding down shift, TAB, F10, N.

Edited by Hard Oiler

Well I use MapPoint and it is similar to S&T.

Does S&T have a "Find Nearby Places" feature?

If it does, use it and extend the search radius around the caching area you want to hunt.

Select your data set and you'll have a list of all the caches in the radius.

If you select one, it shows the balloon on the map.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in reverse where you click a pushpin and it highlight the cache name.

But pressing the F8 key like Hard Oiler mentions works great for it.

Kenneth