I Don't Think So!!!!

TruFinds

does anybody know if that is even allowed by ebay (i know they'll put any junk for bid - but coords??) that's almost like purchasing a pinpoint size piece of real estate, isnt it?

Can't Jeremy use his Irish powers to down this auction? :ph34r: That's almost "selling" geocaching.

I don't see any mystery caches anywhere near Vian, Oklahoma.

This cache is in Vian. Nothing within 15 miles except Trads and one multi.

The closest mystery cache is THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. That cache is over 30 miles away.

Mrekidd doesn't even have a logged find on a Mystery cache.

I wonder if it's not listed yet, or listed elswhere.

I'm reading this as he's auctioning directions to a cache, not ownership. Am I mistaken?

sd

that's what I got. Isn't this almost teetering on the commercial/soliciting issue. I know it is not registered as a geocache, but that's infringement (or something of the sort)! This guy is capitalizing off the game - AND he's a Geocacher (not very good hider, I see)

Isn't this almost teetering on the commercial/soliciting issue.
That's just a guideline for listing on geocaching.com.

I know it is not registered as a geocache, but that's infringement (or something of the sort)!
Anyone is free to list or advertise a geocache in any way they see fit. There are a handful of listing sites, and I'm also aware of a few people who list a few caches on their own personal websites.

Using eBay is a strange way to list caches, but that's between him and the bidders.

I wonder if it's not listed yet, or listed elswhere.

I'm reading this as he's auctioning directions to a cache, not ownership.  Am I mistaken?

I don't get the impression he plans to list it anywhere - why give the coordinates away for free when you can sell them? :ph34r:

It almost sounds like "high bidder take all" (since you'd have to cut the superglued cache open). :ph34r:

Too strange. The easiest way to make this go away for no one to bid on it. Unfortunately, someone probably will! :ph34r:

So if this thing sells for .50 cents (that would suck cuzz I know there is much more value in this) so be it and if it sells for more well then woohoo

Wow, I didn't know ebay allowed bids of half a cent.

It's not surprising he thinks there's much more value than half a cent in the container. It might be worth as much as 20 cents!

Win the auction, get the coords, then enter a listing for it here; just find a volunteer in the cache area to "own" it... But don't bid over $1, that being my guess as to the total value of the items in that container. As soon as the FTF confirms that it's a bunch of broken McToys and inkless pens, you can archive it. :huh: