Cito Event On Colorado Springs

Colorado Springs Cachers,

I’m considering putting together an event cache for CITO day on April 16th. My plan is to meet in the Kohl’s parking lot on South Circle drive. The Fountain Creek trail passes under the overpass there and is always in need of cleaning up.

I figure we could start around 9:30 and spend an hour and half or so cleaning up this spot and the immediate surrounding area. When have done what we can (quit around “noonish”) we could move next door to a picnic area at the youth sports park and have a potluck BBQ.

I’m trying to gauge the interest to see if this is doable. You can respond to this post or email me at slapshot52@hotmail.com

I want to voice my support for this possible CITO event (or any in Colorado Springs). I love the Fountain Creek Trail ride/walk it all the time! I have a personal rule that every time I go out I trash out at least 3 pieces of trash (if not more) but it still could use a good effort.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

PS: Reminds me I have a slapshot52 cache I haven't done close by I need to get to. :rolleyes:

a CITO in the Springs is a good idea, i think. i would definitley participate if i were in town. i'll be in phoenix at that time. :lol:

It's also a good event to document in order to raise awareness to our cause, and to show the powers at be that we really do care for the land and do our part to take care of it!

Guys,

My CITO event didn’t work out, but a number of us attended Jeremy Conrad’s CITO event in the Garden of the Gods at the Mesa Overlook and had a grand time! I will try again later in the spring or early summer to get a location down south cleaned up.

Cheers

:laughing: