Coin Collectors Group

Nurse Dave

I think this coin group idea is stupid, it should be a first come first serve like everything else in the world.

Then you will be wanting to get your order in before the coin group won't you?

9Key, go for it. I'm just good for ideas. :laughing: From the interest shown there is already room for Team Tecmage to get another group going as well.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I'm willing to give it a try. Anyone assembling a group who wants to add me, let me know. I'm good for up to 5 of each series of reasonably-priced coin, including some version of pre-pay, if that makes it more effective. My inclination to join the movement is based on the reality that I can't check forum posts frequently enough to catch every issue of coins, especially when they are ordered-up to their limits in 2-3 days. Let me know if anyone has room in a group. Thanks.

Jeesh, you people have no patience. I've been contacting people in order of the waiting list. I just start this thing a few days ago, and it is a bit of work. Not a bad idea to have one for the folks that want like 10 coins at a time. If you're a little patient I'm working my way down the list.

Yeah, I think the only way to get personal geocoins, is to mint your own, then trade.

I'm not so sure this is true, considering my situation.

I realized that by opening up my soon-to-be-minted personal geocoin to others, I was able to hit the 250-coin level for better pricing, and also, I only have to keep the 50 or so coins that I really want for myself, and not have to foot the entire cost for the low limit of 100.

It's turning out to be a a great benefit to my bank account (not making any money! Just spending $5 per coin for 50 total, instead of $11 per coin for 100.)

--Marc

May 4, 2005 @ 10:27 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Edited by SilverMarc

Ack, I was hoping this thread would just slip away. We've been full for a while. I've been telling people that I would put their names on a waiting list so feel free to add your names here, but it may be a while til people start dropping out. Or maybe not when their spouses keep seeing coins in the mail. :laughing:

As the person that started the thread, you could put in a final note (group hs been full for ages, send email if you want to be on the waiting list) and then lock the thread. If other people want to start their own groups they could use a new thread for it.