"new" Cache Items

Cryptid

If you are stocking a new cache try to put things in there for both young and old cachers. Try to place items that have a value of at least a dollar. If you do not have a local cacher who jumps on every new cache to be First to Find, then you should think about a first to find prize. I would recommend something handmade, or if you lack any craft skills you may think about spending up to ten dollars on a prize. Here is a picture of the first to find prize I left in my newest cache. It is a chainmail candle holder. When I make these for sale I charge $35.00 for them. The cacher who found it is a friend of mine and loved the prize.

63f7525b-9089-4818-82c8-954f9880f84f.jpg

Here is a partial list of things I've left in caches. Many are under a buck and most are under $3. If my cache is an easy one that is likely to attract families, I weight the contents towards child appropriate items. If its more remote, the cache will have mostly adult oriented items.

Small and full sized (3x5) US flags, US flag pins, US flag decals & stickers, modeling clay, carabiners, Energizer squeeze lights, stickers, bags of toy soldiers, water colors,mini screwdriver sets, allen wrench sets, gel pens, 10 packs of Hefty Handi Sacks, collapsible drinking cups, fishing lures, Platypus water bottles, cell phone headsets, boxes of crayons or colored chalk, emergency rain ponchos, packs of AA and AAA batteries, collectable coins (buffalo nickels, indian head pennies, SBA or Sacagawea dollars), foreign money, music CD's, blank RW CD's, cassettes (blank and recorded), calculators, clip on safety strobes, bungee cords, LED key lights, "euro" stickers & other decals, hiking boot laces, travel sewing kits, maps (hiking & road), software, fire starters, travel packs of Wet Ones or Baby Wipes, Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, key rings, bags of balloons, velcro fasteners interesting buttons and pins, padlocks, rolls of film, small travel bottles of hand sanitizer,kazoos, compasses, movies on VHS & DVD, office supplies (packs of paper clips, thumb tacks, Post-Its, etc...), Mylar emergency blankets, decks of cards, new wallets, travel packs of Band-Aids, bags of marbles, folding scissors, small travel bottles of Lubriderm hand cream, individual packs of Armor-All & Rain-X wipes, survival whistles, Wheresgeorge bills and stamps, Geocaching.com hats, pins and patches.

Some typical caches:

eaecbf51-ee20-4937-92dd-2a1f8be86287.jpg0de97b55-3963-44e2-859b-ffbbb2d4e172.jpg

7b0c112c-d0b0-44f1-a2d5-e84d24eed832.jpg

Edited by briansnat