Marriage Counseling....

I was talking to a few newbie cachers this morning and we all had a story about creating tension with a spouse over Geocaching. All went something like this:

"Honey, it is only .23 miles away - just over that hill - I'll be back to the car before you know it - no more than 20 minutes"

42 minutes later you arrive back at the car and your not liking the expression you see................hmmmmmm.

One time, in steep mountainous terrian my wife was 2 minutes from calling 911 for a rescue.

These days My wife and 2yr old go with me MOST of the time but I learned early on to take my estimates and multiply by the difficulty factor. Sometimes though she chooses to stay in the car to read or nap so I always allow a little extra.

Sure has resulted in less frowns. :anibad:

Friendly advice from a few members of WNAG. (Wyoming Nebraska Area Geocachers)

You should each have a cell phone. That way, she can call and WNAG you when you're not back on time.

Another approach is to take up another really undesireable hobby. Start brewing beer in the living room, or shooting skeet in the back yard. When she flips out, tell her you'll give it up and go back to geocaching.

Then there's divorce. Unlike some in this forum, I got divorced before I took up geocaching, but you can do it the other way round. :anibad:

You should each have a cell phone. That way, she can call and WNAG you when you're not back on time.

Another approach is to take up another really undesireable hobby. Start brewing beer in the living room, or shooting skeet in the back yard. When she flips out, tell her you'll give it up and go back to geocaching.

Then there's divorce. Unlike some in this forum, I got divorced before I took up geocaching, but you can do it the other way round. :anibad:

Now that's funny! :anibad:

I don't understand....

why doesn't she have her own GPS?

She does -- an eTrex camo. She can also borrow one of my four: etrex legend, 2 Rino 130's, 60C.

(I know, I know - why don't I carry the rino - so we can talk --- please note the mention of hill in OP --- Hill + FRS = static )

Also - out here in rural Western Nebraska - Cell phone towers are few and far between.

S and I are newlyweds, Feb 19, and I've had to swear on my wedding ring not to go caching without her. I've nearly gotten killed/blinded/crippled whenever I've gone without her anyways. At least I know she's not after the life insurance.

- T

I'd dare my wife to say anything!! B)

Beside a local mexican restaurant that we eat at almost weekly is a Goody's clothing store.

One night after supper we were coming out and she said she wanted to go in "right quick" and see if she could find a pair of dress pants to go with a top she had gotten for her birthday.

I told her I would just wait in the car.

2 hours later she comes out, and then only because the store was closing!! :ph34r:<_<:ph34r:

That wasn't the only time she's done that either. But it's always the Goody's store.

I refuse to let her go now if I'm with her. We live about 10 miles from downtown and I have made her bring me home and go back if she wants to go in that place anymore!!

D-man :ph34r:

Edited by gridlox
S and I are newlyweds, Feb 19, and I've had to swear on my wedding ring not to go caching without her. I've nearly gotten killed/blinded/crippled whenever I've gone without her anyways. At least I know she's not after the life insurance.

- T

She's a keeper!

Worth her weight in gold!

My wife thinks I'm a dork. Sure took her a while to figure that out.

What's wrong with shooting skeet in the back yard?! :ph34r:

Wife says I can't go

I'm not Norm, the mailman from Cheers, but I think below the photo indicates he's a Sayad, a descendent of Mohammad the Prophet. EraSeek?

What? You can read my handwriting? I can't even read my own handwriting. I was wondering what that said. :ph34r: Huh!

She says I still can't go!

Edited by EraSeek

Talk about a dedicated spouse waitng in the car - here is a snip of one of my favorite cache logs:

"All this time (My Wife) was back at the parking. Upon making it back to the car, we asked her if she was worried and she replied, "no, when it got dark, I figured you guys were staying overnight, so I got out my banket and was ready to go to sleep.

So all in all, it took us 13 hours just about to the minute for our first "peak bagging" experience. All other peaks will pale in comparison."

Now THAT sounds like a good relationship (I think :ph34r: )

:ph34r: OH MY GOD!!!!

There is a silver lining!

My wife hasn't been the least interested in Geocaching.

Today I was reading to her about Missionary Ridge

She's a civil war buff so I picked just the right key to get her interested I think.

Tonight we are sitting at supper and she ask if we could make a run up to Chattanooga next weekend and look at doing it.

dance.gifdance.gifdance.gifdance.gif

I think once she see's how much fun it is she won't mind going on more hunts with us.

Don't want to scare her off by pushing it so, I'm going to have all the virtuals in the area there ready to go also!

Start with small steps.WalkingSmiley.gif

Maybe end the day with a little bottleplus.gifbreadplus.gif & love.gif

Wish me luck!!

D-man :huh:

Edited by gridlox