Visiting Houston Tx

2qwerqE

Next month, I'll spend a few days in Houston. I lived there for about 6 years back in the early 80's, but this is my first visit since then. I will take my brother caching, and want to show him some cool places in his own area (and Galveston.) So, Houstonians, who bout it? What are your favorite destination caches in that area?

I am looking for locations, neat things to see, cool places that will make my brother go 'Wow! I never knew these places existed! Caching is great!'

I'm sure he's in decent shape, and his teenage girls may come along, so hikes under 2 miles round trip are good.

I smell EVENT coming up. Please post the dates you will be in the Houston area and you will be in for the time of your life...guarenteed. You will not find a more welcoming and helping group of Geocachers than Southeast Texas. It was mentioned earlier, If you post this over on Texasgeocaching.com under Southeast Texas you will have more caches recommended you do than you could do in a year.

We would love to turn your visit into an event. Just give us the dates and we will get 'er done. Hey after the event a bunch of us would like to take you out night caching in the area.

We are in La Porte and very close to Galveston and Houston. Better yet...send us a PM or email and we will get it organized.

WOW. While I would dearly love to make it an event day and meet all lots of Tx cachers, I'm not sure my brother would want to do this all day. He is not a cacher, and this will be his first game day. He very recently lost his wife to an extended illness, which is the main reason for my visit. I told him I'd like to take him caching one day during my visit, and he seemed interested to play, but I also know he is deeply depressed right now, and don't know if he will go through with caching or not. He suggested a day in Galveston, and I said why not cache in Galveston too. He agreed.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am not sure an event would be right for our day together. (we haven't seen one another in a decade.)

But I would like to visit some great locations. The kind of caches that make you say, 'Wow, I never knew!'

I'll also post to the other board as suggested.