Charleston, SC

Risa

quote:
Originally posted by Risa:

This will be my first geocaching experience. I live in Charleston, SC. Where is a good place to locate my first cache?

First welcome to the fun. You will enjoy this hobby and please involve your love ones. Geocaching is a family and friends sport. I would suggest that you find a few caches first and then you will get the idea of how and where to hide them. Please make sure you have permission to hide or you know that hidding in a particular place is ok before you place your cache.

15777_1900.gif

quote:

This will be my first geocaching experience. I live in Charleston, SC. Where is a good place to locate my first cache?

I think the word "locate" is confusing a few of you. My interpretation of locate in this instance is "find" not "hide".

If this is the question (where to find your first cache), the people in the South and Southeast Forum would be GLAD to help you out.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

Markwell

I am glad you said something, it looks to me like some folks may just have canned cut and paste responses to get their # of posts up. This turned into where is a good place to locate my first cache to a lecture on how, when, where and why to "place" a cache.

RISA:

Welcome...

My fiance just got back from Charleston and I told her that there were a couple right around meeting street. One of them appears to be a brass disc that is in the ground. I told her that she needed to go to meeting street, head towards thewater, at the dead end of Meeting and ? to take a left and out there at that point on the battery and whatever the other street is, is a virtual cache.

Follow the following link and it will take you to the caches hidden on the Charleston zip code.

Charleston SC Caches for RISA

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

quote:

Risa,

I'm in Charleston, too. We just started geocaching last weekend. There are already some good ones around here. I'm scouting spots for my first placement,too.

I think I'm going to get a few under my belt before I place my first one. Just to find out what I like/dislike about others in the area. Good luck! Maybe we'll run into each other out there!

==Case