Geocaching Blogs

M-T-P

I have a personal blog over at http://www.knarrnia.com which has my personal musings in it. If you google it for geocaching you get all my posts about caching. Brilliant, huh? :lol:

Caution: profanity, nekkedness, and god knows what else is in the archives. It's at times spiritual, at times fun, and at times it's quiet and dark. Basically, just like life for a twentysomething college dropout trying to pay for the rest of his education. The most recent entry for instance, deals with me getting sideswiped on my bike in philadelphia and having my Meridian Color screen shatter. (Ticket is still out to Meridian to fix). Others of them talk about caches I sincerely enjoyed, things like that.

Bummer that happened to you! And to your GPSr. :lol:

I dropped my Garmin eTrex Vista face down on a tile floor yesterday and I did a little "GASP" :D as I watched it descend. Boy, was I relieved it was okay, and was I ever glad it had the neoprene case on it! I don't think it would have fared as well without it!

Another time when I fell down, I for sure would have scratched the screen if not for the case, which did get a scratch on the window.

The case is a pain sometimes 'cause I have to take it off under certain light conditions to read the screen, but I'm sure glad I have it.

I came across this thread this morning and decided this was an excellent idea! So I just created my blog for our GC-ing adventures. This last weekend was our first outing but I have more planned and am also ready for our vacation next week with plenty printed out to catch while out of state!

Check out my blog and its whole TWO posts! LOL!

WVSasha's World

Any and all feedback on the blog or GC-ing is greatly appreciated!

I just found this thread. It looks like the last post was in June, but just in case anyone out there is still "listening", my husband and I have a blog/podcast at

PodCacher.com

It's a podcast about geocaching. Check it out!

iTrax and FoxTail

And I love it!

My kids were a little mad on Saturday, though. They listened to the start of your wizard adventure and you LEFT THEM HANGING!!!

They have since been satisfied.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Edited by Langner91

Just setup a BLOG because I thought I had all kinds of things to talk about. Now that it's running. I can't think of anything.. I think it is stage fright.

Bflentje's BLOG

No such thing. Just dive in. When you head out caching, just remember the day when you get in. Anything funny happen, get muggled, muggle alert... go for it.

I have a blog that I do for a lot more than geocaching. But once I started caching, I added a geocache category to my cat's on my blog so if I wanted to find posts about it, it would be a little easier. Check it out.

www.bobsroom.com

P.S. My name isn't Bob :laughing:

Edited by ^Zor^

I merged wapahani post (post number 77 above) into the old blog topic. Good to see some of the old ones still going out there.

Here is my blog -- http://mtn-man.blogspot.com/

(I don't post a lot and it isn't just about geocaching.)

There is also a Waymarking category for blogs as well:

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx...ec-eb8fb2291d53

Carp. I haven't added to that old thing in a coon's age. I should probably dust the angsty thing off.

Thanks for the guilt.

By the way, for those of you who have existing blogs with Blogger, it's possible to just label posts that mention geocaching with the 'geocaching' label. Then you will get a link that only contains your geocaching posts. It's a way of setting up a "virtual" geocaching blog, without having to maintain a separate blog.

I'm sure it works with other blogging software.

Mine is at:

http://pseudoprime.com/labels/geocaching.html

The site itself is still under development but I am blogging the adventures of my travel bug. Basically the site is a way to help develop my writing skills, but I couldn't think of anything to write about. So I created a spreadsheet that will randomly generate encounters based off Cache IDs that the travel bug is placed in. So far the bug hasn't moved alot, so I only have a couple blogs. I may release a couple more bugs with the same type of layout. The story as it is developed will create clues (and links) to other caches to visit sort of as a side quest. The latest story has 2 links to caches to visit besides the final cache that is his destination.

geodragons.com is the website. The Bug's name is Aqiros.

Right after I started this obsession, er, hobby, er, activity, I added a couple of pages to my website

with photographs from my adventures, but I never thought about doing the blog idea. :D

I think I need to get back on that project, and expand it a bit with this as inspiration.

Thanks M-T-P!

Actually you can incorporate the blog into your site. I use the RSS feed from the blog inside a piece of script to display the blog contents in a window on a web site. Here it is at http://www.tristatefuturestars.com The news box is the feed from the blog. On this site it allows me to set up people who are not html savy to write news articles and have it displayed on the site.

Hi! I have a blog as well. I have a fairly active following of readers for my personal blog, which is currently geared toward Crafting and Vintage Repurposing. Since I recently picked up the hobby of Geocaching, I've incorporated a lot of my geocaching adventures so far into my blog, which a few of my readers had no idea existed!

My blog is Bender Oak Gifts - Ardently Addicted to All Things Crafty & Old.

Just started a new one New Year's day. It's Geocaching Puzzle of the day and you can link to it here.

The goal is to point out a variety of fun, clever, or interesting puzzles of varying difficulties to help people work on their puzzle solving skills or give puzzle makers a fresh idea for a new hide. Fridays will feature "bonus blogs" giving puzzle solvers/makers a useful tool for their puzzle toolbox.

Cachers are invited to send me interesting puzzles they have solved or found for possible inclusion. Thanks! :)

Edited by teamajk

Wow! 6 years later and this thread is still hanging on!

For those of you who are not on the original list (and those of you that are and want to be relisted again), I am in the process of creating a *new* version of my Geocaching Blogs list. If you want to have your blog site listed in this new list, now is the time. Either post a reply to this thread or comment on my original post (Adventures in Geocaching: Geocaching Blogs) with your geocaching name and full URL to your geocaching blog.

@MTPgeo

Adventures in Geocaching

Wow! 6 years later and this thread is still hanging on!

For those of you who are not on the original list (and those of you that are and want to be relisted again), I am in the process of creating a *new* version of my Geocaching Blogs list. If you want to have your blog site listed in this new list, now is the time. Either post a reply to this thread or comment on my original post (Adventures in Geocaching: Geocaching Blogs) with your geocaching name and full URL to your geocaching blog.

@MTPgeo

Adventures in Geocaching

GeoReapers

georeapers.blogspot.com

It chronicles our adventures in Washington state where we try and get a cache in every city and town in the state. Random bits here and again as well, but that is really where the focus is.