Geocaching Blogs

M-T-P

Now that is cool! ;)

I've got my own website already and was planning on adding a section for my Geocaching adventures to mainly have a place I could expand on my hunts & hides a little more than on my log posting.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I just haven't had the time to come up with a good layout and graphics.

This is just the ticket.

Right now they are predicting for Saturday to be a washout here (hope not :tired: ), so I may just jump on the hosting site there and start mine up.

Thanks for the lead.

D-man ;)

and here I thought logs on caches were a blog of sorts.

Possibly, but logs are more cache-oriented, whereas blogs would be more user-oriented.

And of course, if you provide a place for someone to respond to your blog entries with their comments, you basically have a forum.

So I guess the main REAL difference would be the ability to personalize it. Therefore (despite my earlier comments) blogs probably should be left to the individual and not incorporated into GC.

I've been blogging for several years now. I have a Geocaching section on my website, but the site covers many other topics.

I'll agree. There is a significant difference between a cache log and a personal blog about geocaching. Cache logs are there to track caches, blogs are there to allow individuals to share what is on their minds - in this case also about geocaching in general.

I was writing a blog, can link on it thru my profile.

Didn't get any feedback so I've gotten behind on it.

Interesting. I started a blog when this thread first popped up, but haven't really written much, yet. I don't think that I'm really interested in feedback, that much.

My blog is just a place to babble about whatever's on my mind; mostly geocaching blah, but not exclusively so.

I was writing a blog, can link on it thru my profile.

Didn't get any feedback so I've gotten behind on it.

Interesting. I started a blog when this thread first popped up, but haven't really written much, yet. I don't think that I'm really interested in feedback, that much.

My blog is just a place to babble about whatever's on my mind; mostly geocaching blah, but not exclusively so.

The purpose of my blog is to help others find the interesting caches and avoid wasting time on the dogs.

I'm hoping others can give me tips when I travel to other areas. :laughing:

I wanted to let you all know that the ever growing list of geocaching blogs has been posted at

Adventures in Geocaching: Geocaching Blogs.

I will continue to add to this list, so please feel free to send me the URL for your geocaching blog.

Small Print:

Also, since the purpose for compiling this list is to read about people's adventures in geocaching, there were a few sites that were intentionally left off of this list since they appeared to be geocaching related websites without any frequently updated personal narratives or blogs. While these are still great looking sites and many contain wonderful photographs and interesting information (or peeing dogs), I didn't think they fit within the goal of this list. Please do not be offended if your site was not listed for this reason. I just want to list blog or blog-like sites of personal experiences in geocaching.

Edited by M-T-P