Wgs 84 Conversion Software

ww8ball

I use this free program: Corpscon for any datum/projection conversions that I need for my GIS/GPS survey work, and for general use in geocaching, and hobby of cartography.

It was developed by the U.S Army Corps of Engineers.

Corpscon, Version 6.0, is a MS-Windows-based program which allows the user to convert coordinates between Geographic, State Plane, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) and US National Grid systems on the North American Datum of 1927 (NAD 27), the North American Datum of 1983 (NAD 83) and High Accuracy Reference Networks (HARNs). Corpscon uses the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) program Nadcon to convert between NAD 27, NAD 83 and HARNs.

It sounds like you have Coordinates in Degrees, and Decimal Degrees. For example 40.55555 Degrees.

You need this information in Degrees, Minutes, and Decimal Minutes. If this is what you need - just multiply the .55555 x 60 = 33.333

That means 40.55555 Degrees = 40 Degrees 33.333 Minutes

Is that all you need?

I want to convert from the MinDec to DegDec, I think I'm using the right terms...

I am using Microsoft's Streets and Trips, and I can only get the DegDec coordinates to work on it....

your gpsr will do it in the field.

just change the standard map format hddd mm.mmm (DecMin) to hddd.ddddd (DecDeg).

happy hunting.