I'm Thinking Of Putting Together A Virtual Cache

bigguy44

Hi All,

I have been thinking of putting together a new Virtual Cache, but I felt it would be best to describe it here and see what everyone thinks. The cache would be a walk through an existing bird sanctuary. I'm sure I can come up with three or four unique locations to observe certain birds and there is an official plaque with a description of what the area was originally, complete with names and dates. I'm sure I could come up with a few questions that anyone doing the cache could easily answer. All in all, I think this would be a wonderful walk through a rather interesting area highlighting some interesting birds and woodlands.

So, what do you folks think? Does this sounds like a good walk to base a virtual cache on? Any comments would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Bigguy

Since virtuals are really hard to get approved, couldn't it be done as a "non-virtual" cache? If you can't put a container in the bird sanctuary, an offset could be a good option : those dates on the plaque could be used to find the actual coordinates of the cache. Or maybe you could make a multi by getting permission to put tags in those 3 or 4 great bird-watching spots you want to bring people to...

Good luck with the virtual! :tired: I would be amazed if they approved it. They used to approve anything as a virtual and have really clamped down now. I actually did a cache in Washington state that was a virtual and it was a fire hydrant.

A local cacher here recently tried to get a virtual on a well known memorial. They presented the history, the significance of the statue to our region and the reason why it should be a virtual and the approver wouldn't take it. I think there should be a happy medium between the two extremes of approving everything and making it impossible to do one.

My suggestion would be to make it an offset, puzzle or multicache where people collect info from the spots you wanted to get people to.

Edited by Chillibusher