Geocaching Blood Drive Event

Polgara

Units of blood are always in need, especially rare types and 'O' negative. I was just wondering if there was a geocaching blood drive event would you participate? Donating blood only takes 8 minutes...(the techs actually have a limited amount of time to collect the blood once your vein has been tapped). I am aware that many people may already be members of a blood bank in their area through their job, or other organization.

So, if there was a voluntary geo blood drive, would you commit to participate? I'm also not sure if this type of event would be an authorized geo event by the guidelines...I guess I'll find out.

-Pol

Going to give blood is not a geocaching event. I don't think it would be listed. You should try to organize an effort on your local forums probably.

What if someone planned a CITO or other geocaching event and the blood donation was simply a voluntary accessory. FOr example if someone scheduled a CITO from 12-5 on a saturday, and there was a mobile blood unit there to collect from 2-4, from any interested people who wished to donate? It wouldn't be required of the event, just an option.

Wonder if it would get approved to have an ordinary cache hidden, where you - in addition to signing the log - would have to give blood at the nearby donation office. ;) Myself, I'm against additional requirements - if I find the cache and sign the log, that should entitle me to a find log on the cache page too - but they are commonly accepted around the world, so I can't see a reason not to approve a mandatory blood donation cache too.

As good as this sounds. It realy couldnt be a geo event from what I rember your suposed to avoid activity aftarwards. The last thing you want to do is have a cacher give blood then go hunt a new cache one of his boddys told him about and colapseing in the woods.

Excellent point indeed.

As good as this sounds.  It realy couldnt be a geo event from what I rember your suposed to avoid activity aftarwards.  The last thing you want to do is have a cacher give blood then go hunt a new cache one of his boddys told him about and colapseing in the woods.

Excellent point indeed.

Right. Go to the bar instead and get a cheap buzz ;):(

After I donated once they just kept hounding me. I don't know by blood type but I guess they want allot of it.

Plus my veins are the size of a garden hose. That bag filled up quick!

Then I got a tattoo, and that was six months. They stopped calling

:tired:

I may do it again, but only if I get an oatmeal rasin cookie. They tried to get me with a chocolate chip, just won't cut it.

Joe Smith

As good as this sounds. It realy couldnt be a geo event from what I rember your suposed to avoid activity aftarwards. The last thing you want to do is have a cacher give blood then go hunt a new cache one of his boddys told him about and colapseing in the woods.

Good point and preaty funny.

I could just see the people passed out on the ground with a gps in there hand.... ROFL