You Know You Are A Geocacher When ...

What strange things do you do because you like to GeoCache? -or-

You know you are a GeoCacher when:

1) When you leave the house, you check that you have all the essentials: Keys, wallet, GPS'r

2) When you see someone wandering about looking at his 'Cell Phone' do you think GeoCacher?

3) Do you carry around bits of paper with numbers on it like N 43 34.567 ?

4) You have a file cabinet in your car to keep track of all the paper descriptions of the caches you haven't found?

5) You constantly are on the lookout for places to place the next cache?

If you do, you might be a geocacher.

Others?

You are going to take a vacation, so you look up the zip codes of your destinations and do a cache search for those locales so you can go geocaching there.

You have an inverter that connects to the cigarette lighter in your car so you can recharge the GPSr's batteries on the road.

When you buy a lap top computer so that you can check for new caches when you are out of town, If course you always stay in hotes with free internet service.

You keep you GPS hooked up to your computer just in case a new cache pops up

Every place you go within 50 miles of home involves passing caches you have found in the past.

You are going to take a vacation, so you look up the zip codes of your destinations and do a cache search for those locales so you can go geocaching there.

You have an inverter that connects to the cigarette lighter in your car so you can recharge the GPSr's batteries on the road.

I do this every night when I get my work orders as I go to several different zips within 150 miles.

SAD.

X

You go to the one hour photo and ask for Microcaches with the roll of film in them.

You stare longingly at a stack of ammo cans at a local swap meet

You ask the clerk at Wal Mart if "These rubbermaid containers are UV resistant".

You laugh at a coworker that has a GPS that only holds 500 waypoints.

Oh goody, another thread like this. I love this.

1. Have you missed classes or work because of geocaching?

2. Do you have trouble refusing geocaching?

3. Do you need geocaching in order to have fun at a party?

4. Do you use geocaching to build up your self-confidence

5. Do you use geocaching to help you relax?

6. Have you tried to give up geocaching and failed?

7. Do you crave geocaching as soon as you wake up?

8. Do you get into trouble because of geocaching?

9. Do you crave geocaching at a definite time daily?

10. Do you lie to others about how often you partake in Geocaching?

11. Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of geocaching?

12. Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and geocaching?

13. When you are in a store, you look at every hollow object as a potential cache container.

14. You spend most of your time in a dollar store looking for swag.

15. Everywhere you go, you are always looking for a hiding spot.

16. You get really excited when you find a new park.

17. Do you check geocaching.com web site more than once a day?

18. Has your GPSr ever been confiscated "for your own good"?

19.You no longer visualize/think of the city in terms of streets and addresses but rather cache locations.

20. When you start giving out coordinates instead of map directions to a particular location (like your house).

21. You’ve had more “conversations” on your Garmin than on your REAL cell phone.

22. Your wedding invitation features a Difficulty / Terrain rating.

23. You realize you can now read the hints without clicking “Decrypt”or looking at the key.

24. You get distracted watching movies because you keep scanning the background scenery, thinking, “That’d be a GREAT place for a cache!”

25. The clerks at McDonald's are getting suspicious.

26. You name your youngest child, "Micro."

27. Your boss takes you aside and asks about the smell of DEET when you come back from a long lunch. You lie and claim it's cheap gin.

28. Your significant other calls you to dinner through the forums.

29. The police follow you home after another of your massive ZipLoc shopping runs.

30. Everyone else puts a quarter in the coffee fund jar in the office break room. You TAKE a quarter, leave a Travel Bug, and cover the jar with pine straw.

And the most important symptom of all: you have a list like that at a moments notice :anibad:

You call a local pizza place for supper that doesn't deliver.

You pull up your closest unfound caches and see that there is one right in the neighborhood of the pizza place.

You leave immediately so you can try and get it in before the pizza is ready (in 25 minutes)

<_<:ph34r::ph34r: Only to get caught by a train and miss your opportunity!!! :ph34r:B):P

YEP!! THIS HAPPENED TO ME, JUST TONIGHT!! B)B)

D-man B)

Pitiful. Which unfound cache within 25 minutes? Absolutely pitiful. You should have found all those by now. My wife sent me driving 40 miles away to hit 500. She didn't want to be in the 400's so close to 500 any more.

One of my favorites. If your friends say "Let's go to Cracker Barrel" and you say, "Naw, already found it."... you might be a wee bit addicted.

You name your new kitten Garmin. He was small and yellow.

I would do that!

OK, true recent happening (just today): You are overjoyed about finding your cheap GPS that was lost almost a year ago and long since replaced so that you can give it to a friend to hook them on caching! This is to the point that that you plan on how to gift wrap and present it to them! B)

You look on e-bay and see a box of "scouting" compasses for sale and buy the lot. You're now known as the "Compass King" of the neighborhood.

You give out compasses for Halloween.

You realize you're optically challenged in the distance estimating department and obtain a bow-hunter's rangefinder to help when you get close in.

You look at GPSr's the way you used to look at your girlfriend/wife/hubby/whatever. And they understand.

OK, true recent happening (just today): You are overjoyed about finding your cheap GPS that was lost almost a year ago and long since replaced so that you can give it to a friend to hook them on caching! This is to the point that that you plan on how to gift wrap and present it to them! smile.gif

That is easy...hide it...take the coord reading...put them into your GPSr....do a GOTO...and have your friend find it. :D:(

You are so sunburned that your legs and feet are swollen, you can't walk, you have missed 4 days of class and your first day at your new job, the pain is so bad that your doctor put you on Vicodin yet you decide to deal with the agony, crawl to your husband's car and help him find a cache all so that you can see how well your new mapping software works with the gps.

And they were worried I would get addicted to the Vicotin. :(

You are so sunburned that your legs and feet are swollen, you can't walk, you have missed 4 days of class and your first day at your new job, the pain is so bad that your doctor put you on Vicodin yet you decide to deal with the agony, crawl to your husband's car and help him find a cache all so that you can see how well your new mapping software works with the gps.

And they were worried I would get addicted to the Vicotin. :D

Now THAT'S dedication!

:(