Auto Power Adapter For Etrex Vista

Berjr1

I am looking for a Auto power adapter for my Etrex Vista (i beleive all etrex's are the same)

I want to cut the cig adapter off and hard wire it does anybody have one they want to get rid of? Email me through my GC profile

So you want to put 12 volts DC to the Etrex?

Not so sure you can do that.

Warning! Do not exceed 3.3 Volts DC! Several people have told me the official range is 3.15VDC +/- 0.15V. I also hear the eTrex uses a MAX 1677 DC-DC converter chip inside. If the external supply voltage goes lower than 2.8V then the internal batteries are used.

Warning!

I have gotten a couple ends from these people.

I have a extra one sitting around if you would like to work something out.

etrex plug

Edited by Milbank

Go to Ebay and get one for about 5 bucks. But like someone said you can NOT hook it directly to you car's 12volt system. You can getan extention cigeratte lighter cable and do it that way or you would have to find a stepdown transformer to put in line to reduce the foltage or pull apart the transformer int the cigarette liter plug and wire that in.

Cheers

Oh I did not relize that the voltage was reduced inthe cable its self i thought it was internal to the unit. I have a std cable now i will install a lighter pigtail and plug it in directly. I actually intend to install it on my dualsport motorcycle.

tht other plug looks very nice as well. thanks for the link.