Wow! What fun!

Buddyah

I stumbled on this site and it seems really fun. We don't have a GPS though. We might need one or we might try it by borrowing first. How do you find out if a cache is really still where it says?Because there is one supposed to be withing walking distance from my house but some one commented that it was gone. Are they correct or did they just not find it? icon_confused.gif

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been reading off and on today and mentioned it to my husband and he sounded interested too! I think I may be finding myself shopping for a GPS. Any suggestions good deals in South Puget Sound Area? icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Buddyah on June 18, 2002 at 02:21 PM.]

Yes! It is fun. And great people here too!

Nothing beats putting out a cache in a favourite place and reading the finders logs!!

As to your nearest cache, if it's so close why not go there and see for yourself,if you can't find it

email the owner and see if they have an answer for you. Or if you want a successful first find go to a cache that has been found recently then you can be reasonably sure it will be there

Peregrinus

quote:
Originally posted by Buddyah:

How do you find out if a cache is really still where it says?

It's a game. You don't know 'exactly' where it is. You don't know if it's still there. If it is, you don't know whats in it till you open it. The fun is in the looking. Sometimes ya find, sometimes you don't. icon_wink.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

My sister lives in Whidbey Island. I checked her area and it is loaded with fun caches to find. Next time i'm there i'll bring my GPS. You can read the post here and figure out which GPS suits your needs, If for some reason you do like it (not likely) you can sell it here, resale value holds well. The sooner you get one the quicker you can find caches....