Gpxsonar And Gsak

N0BWU

I use GpxSonar on my iPAQ 2215 to log notes in the field when I find a cache. I then try to export the notes into GSAK. GpxSonar creates a txt file which I import into GSAK but I can't find the notes again! Where are they going and how to I get them into the note field of the cache page? I must be missing a setting someplace.

Using Gsak and GPSonar as well. I also use sonar to log my finds (field notes), and then exported the notes to a Gsak file. I then imported the notes directly into Gsak. Subsequently, I have a PPC crash, now I can't seem to get my notes back into GPS Sonar. How does one do this? I thought if the notes are in Gsak, when I create a new *.gpx file for the PPC, the notes would reappear. Thanks.

I thought if the notes are in Gsak, when I create a new *.gpx file for the PPC, the notes would reappear.

The notes will not reappear. They are included as part of the cache description as described in my reply above

Both panes are empty. I'll keep trying.
I'm not sure what that means, but I'm guessing that you mean there is neither a note icon in the gpxsonar screen, nor any information visible when you open a cache in gpxsonar.

1. You must download a gpx (not .loc) from geocaching.com to get more than the waypoint name, cache name, coordinates, owner, and rating.

2. When you export a gpx file from GSAK, you must make sure that GPX (not LOC) file is selected, and "Include user notes in export" is selected.