Need Some Suggestions...

Perrin

Faile wants to have an outdoor wedding. So we're looking for a good location (plenty of parking, no nearby train tracks, etc.) We're hoping that some one out there has come across some good locations that you could suggest.

If there are pictures of the location that would be good, or at least coords, or a link to a cache page so that we could go out there and take a look for ourselves.

Faile wants to have an outdoor wedding. So we're looking for a good location (plenty of parking, no nearby train tracks, etc.) We're hoping that some one out there has come across some good locations that you could suggest.

If there are pictures of the location that would be good, or at least coords, or a link to a cache page so that we could go out there and take a look for ourselves.

I am not from that area.. but always thought that the Olympic Peninsula was a nice area to visit... need to get up there someday.. also there is the SanJuan Isl. area.. Look for outdoor parks in those areas.

We got married at The Marshall House in historic Fort Vancouver.

NPftvancouver24.jpgNPftvancouver2.jpg

It is a very nice place and since it is located in Fort Vancouver you get great surroundings too. It was also very reasonably priced which we appreciated. There is a great lawn beside the house and lots of room inside for the reception, getting ready, etc.

Edited by richandsteph

The Columbia Winery has a nice outdoor venues.

Or Thornewood Castle in Lakewood.

I know they have weddings at Brown's Point but not sure if they're inside or outside.

And a couple of cache related ones: Museum of Glass - there's a cache nearby there and the spot that the A Coign of Vantage cache is at I DNF'd a while back because there was a wedding on the roof of it when I went there. I think it's a library.

Edited by Stump
The Columbia Winery has a nice outdoor venues.

Or Thornewood Castle in Lakewood.

I know they have weddings at Brown's Point but not sure if they're inside or outside.

And a couple of cache related ones: Museum of Glass - there's a cache nearby there and the spot that the A Coign of Vantage cache is at I DNF'd a while back because there was a wedding on the roof of it when I went there. I think it's a library.

April and I thought that the Thornewood Castle one was pretty cool. Then I made the mistake of speaking before thinking and telling her that was where the filmed Steven King's Rose Red.... Silly me.

Now she thinks that is just too creepy. I may still be able to convince her, but until that time, I think we'll have to keep looking.

Great suggestions all around so far. Can we find some more?

Thanks to everyone for all the help so far!!!

EDIT to fix spelling issues :)

Edited by Perrin
Depending On the details, Or price range, tryTibbetts Creek Manor if the link works. I almost got married here, but decided for an indoor wedding in the end.

AndrewRJ

Based on online information, this seems to be Faile's favorite for the moment. We'll have to find a time to go check it out, but that probably won't be until this summer.

We've enjoyed looking into all the suggestions that have been made.

This will probably be my last attempt at prodding you all for last minute suggestions. So if there are any more well kept secrets out there, lets here them :unsure:

Thanks again!

Lakewold Gardens would be a great spot (in Lakewood), but holy cow is it expensive. Dumas Bay Centre would also be a beautiful spot (you've been there.)

Dumas Bay:

{snipped picture}

I don't know if I'd want to get married at a place called Dumas Bay. I'd want people to think I'm *smart* for getting married. Is there a place called Smartas Bay?

I took my honeymoon at a place called Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands. The metaphors were more than my marriage could withstand.

I took my honeymoon at a place called Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands. The metaphors were more than my marriage could withstand.

And suddenly it all becomes clear...

:unsure:

No suggestions for either of you, Perrin and Faile... a mountain top somewhere would be divine. Getting someone up there to do the officiating might be an issue tho.

-=-

michelle

You know, there's gonna be the GeoLuau II in Gorst, where America shops, on 8/13.

It's a big park, and will be attended (we hope) by multitides, hordes, even, of Geocachers.

Look up the Cootie Cache for cooridanates. The Luau isn't approved, yet.