What GPS do I Need?

Team Teuton

Okay, it needs to be big enough that I can read the display from the driver’s seat while my wife is holding it in her lap.

I’d like a full sized qwerty keyboard for data entry. It also must fold into a small enough profile to fit into my shirt pocket.

I would like a pair of AA batteries to last at least a month, but I also want to be able to power it with a cigarette adapter, AC adapter, solar cells or a Sterling Engine.

I want the unit to be able to operate underground, but I don’t want an external antennae. But I want an option for an external antenna.

I want the GPS to be able to download my desired waypoints directly from the satellites.

I will be using the GPS to fish, fly, hunt, hike, ski, and transatlantic navigation.

Oh, and I really can’t afford to spend more than $100.

Any suggestions? Are there any other features that I will need?

I've been going in circles my whole life. May as well make a hobby of it.

Maybe a GPS built into the brain would work.

That chip would work under brain power, and you would have an antenna on your head. Also you would wiggle your nose with your fingers to call up an imaginary keyboard in your visual sight. Reach up to the imaginary keyboard with your hands to enter data into the GPS chip in your brain. NOW THAT WOULD LOOK INTERESTING OUT IN PUBLIC.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

For real, i would like to see a GPS, where you could attach an antenna to a hat, also the buttons of the GPS would be in a remote attached to your belt or Wrist, also you would have the GPS projecting it's display on your glasses.

Then you could have both hands free most of the time, also you can see where you are going, so you dont get injured, since you would not be staring at a GPS in your hand, instead of watching where you are going.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I want mine with the Geomistress attachment.

Wherever you go there you are.

See, that's where they have you. The Geomistress attachment is free, but the optional Mute Button cost a fortune.

I've been going in circles my whole life. May as well make a hobby of it.

I hate to spoil the spirit of this thread and take it seriously, but you could actually get 90% of these far-out features with a PDA and one of these icon_biggrin.gif

With that said, I want a combo GPS/AIBO that will walk along with me and lead me to the coordinates, and then sniff out the cache and point to it icon_wink.gif

Oh, and it should also have a built-in refrigerator to hold drinks.