I Need A Gps!!!!!!!

i am very close to getting my 100th cache found and i want to start putting out more caches but gc.com needs the full location and my old maggie 310 does a good job finding caches with my help but it sure is unable to give that last diget so i can place caches...i would love an etrex...but i can only afford 60 buxx shipping and all..i have tried e-bay for the last 3 weeks and always get outbid on the very last day sometimes the very last minute and the rejection is killing me!!! if someone has a good etrex and is willing to sell it to a fellow cacher for less than its worth please let me know asap by e-mailing me at edwardthrelkeld@hotmail.com.

took your advise...........sold magie.... :laughing: will miss her...........for 55 buxx.........watched ebay closely and bought an etrex legend used with manuel for 85 buxx..........now i need a p.c. cable and other goodies to go with it...where is a good place to get those items at a good price??

I can't believe how many people purchase on ebay for what they could get it elsewhere new. But, if you sit and wait til the last minute, you can sometimes get stuff for a good deal. Bidding on items early just drives the price up. Its kind of crazy, but good for sellers.

I can't believe how many people purchase on ebay for what they could get it elsewhere new.

Forgive me for going OT here, but it's true. I too have seen many bidders go crazy. They'll pay more than the price of a new retail unit for a used one, or worse, just a used GPSr and no other parts.

However I do frequently shop eBay. When I do I first research the net and previous auctions. Then I determine my highest bid and stick to it! I do not ever waver or doubt my decision during an auction. If I lose, so what? There will always be another chance. Only after a couple of losses do I ever re-evaluate and up my max bid.

When I have lost by a buck, and I have many times, it stings. But that pain disappears quickly, especially when you see the ridiculous bidding of others.

yes i agree i seen (while i was shopping)am etrex yellow(what i was looking for til i seen i could get the legend cheaper...lol) go new in package for 117.00 PLUS shipping and handling....now who would pay that when you can get them new for 90 buxx??...anyway i am somewhat confused..one of the posters said they cant belive people pay more for used on ebay than they can get for new!! show me where i can get a new legend for 85 buxx and i will buy another!!!

Hey eddie, now that you have a gps in the post, you are after a cable. This is always the option of making a cable. most gps units have 4 pins out for cable connections. the order needs to be checked but the pins are 3 vdc + , 3vdc-, Data tx, Data rx. The voltage cables are not needed to talk to your pc and the parts caould be bought from a electronics store for maybe $5 tops. good luck and happy geocahceing.