Problems With Latest 60c Update

I updated my 60C GPS yesterday and it performed really good, and was able to upload saved tracks to GPS 60C. What happened was I could not download a tracklog via USB due to persistant errors, but was able to download Routes, waypoints, and maps from 60C to Mapsource. I updated my USB drivers, but still had the problem of not getting a download of active tracklogs from the GPS. I cleared the memory a few times, but still something seems to be a problem with the active tracklogs. Im going to do a hike today, and see if the problem continues.

Never did have any problems with the download of the same tracklogs via serial interface, but would fail under USB download.

This problem is new for me with the latest 60C firmware update.

Any of you had Tracklog download problems on USB?

I couldn't upload maps to my 60CS after upgrading to 3.7.

I got the ole "you are trying to load 48.1 MB of maps but your GPS can only hold 56 MB. Try a smaller map set" message.

I may be going back to 3.61 beta since I was loving it.

PS. That is not the exact message but you get the drift.

I called Garmin Tech Support. They suggested the problem is track data, specifically the active track. They said the (3.70 and others) upgrade could corrupt the track data, which could cause these sorts of problems with communication between PC and GPS. Their solution: download data from the unit to Mapsource, clear it out/reset the unit, and upload back to the GPS.

Hmmmm.....

I could not get the symptoms to replicate but I'm not convinced the problem is solved.