Update On Cacher Who Needed Prayers...

ladyofthelake

hello everyone....

It's me ladyofthelake again.....i want to thank all of you for the prayers and good thoughts that were sent to Darkcacher.

It is with great sadness & heavy heart that i have to inform all that Darkcacher (aka Greg Sosinski) passed away this morning at age 29. He truely enjoyed being out in the woods searching for those caches. If anyone would like to send their condolences to his mother they should drop me an email & i will give you the address.

thanks again for the support....

ladyofthelake

Edited by ladyofthelake

I was deeply saddened to hear this. Zhanna and I had met Greg very briefly on the trail to the Keystone Cache while we were out mountain biking, and I remember our encounter well. It's always nice to run into fine cachers like that. We were shocked to learn of Greg's illness while we were contemplating replacing his Cacher Fuel cache at the Viewmont Mall, since it was in need of maintenance. I'd like to offer my sincerest condolences at this time to all those concerned.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Edited by Rich in NEPA

I just logged on with the intent of opening a humorous thread. Although I did not know Greg, after reading this sad news I going to log off and spend the evening with my children and be thankful for what I continue to have in his honor. My condolences to his family and friends.

:D

Although I had not the opportunity to met DarkCacher, we crossed paths several times as we shared in the wonders of caching in NEPA.

I too wish to express my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. I truly understand the loss of one at such an early time in life as I have watched several of my friends pass early on. It is sad.

One thing can be assured. He now has an unending supply of caches, all with a view from high above.......and he will always be FTF.

:D Cache On !!!

MtnDave

ladyofthelake,

Although this is very saddening news, I thank you for letting the community know. I had seen your original post and was wondering ... For a hobby that is mostly done as a solo outing, or maybe in groups of 2s or 3s, a very supportive community exists not just in cyberspace but in the real world.

Please add my sincere condolences to those offered above. May our words and visits to his caches be of some small comfort to those who loved him.