Gas Prices??

I really couldn't care less how much gas costs in the United States.  We should all be paying $4/gallon anyway.  As a society we spend WWWWAAAAAYYYY too much time worrying about the price of gas.

Clip a few coupons each time to you go grocery shopping and you'll more than cover the cost of rising gas prices.  Buy and install some fluoresent blubs and you'll cover the cost of your gas with bulb replacement and electricity savings.

It's really not a big deal.

Does someone own a little to many shares of a big oil company stock or what??

:lol:;):ph34r::D

Maybe you don't realize this Skadar but gas prices effect the prices of everything including the prices of the food in the grocery store. :D So clipping those coupons you mention isn't really going to give you any extra money for gas now is it. :laughing::D

Up to $2.65 now.

Mr. Snazz, I think the number of people who actually NEED a high-clearance vehicle compared to the number of people who own a "Sport Activity Vehicle" (they're now acknowledging that there's nothing utilitarian about these beasts) is fairly low.

I have no problem with people who own a work truck or a Jeep that actually sees dirt under its tires or who go on 4-wheel drive trails.

I do, however, have a serious problem with cell-phone yakking soccer moms* who can't even see all the way around their 20-mpg vehicles when they drive. If your blind spot is the same size as a 4-door sedan, your car is too big for your vision.

[*NOT soccer-moms who also go 4-wheeling. NOT soccer-moms who also need the truck for hauling for work. Get it?]

Mr. Snazz, I think the number of people who actually NEED a high-clearance vehicle compared to the number of people who own a "Sport Activity Vehicle" (they're now acknowledging that there's nothing utilitarian about these beasts) is fairly low.

I thought this was a geocaching forum? What do soccer moms have do to with this?

...I think the number of people who actually NEED a high-clearance vehicle compared to the number of people who own a "Sport Activity Vehicle" ... is fairly low. ...

In my area, there are loads of people who drive trucks or SUVs. My wife never takes her TrailBlazer off road, but I'm still glad she has it. I see it as a safety issue.

I'm not sure that the blind spot grows significantly as the size of the vehicle increases. Perhaps it does, but either way, everybody should check their blind spot. :unsure:

I do, however, have a serious problem with cell-phone yakking soccer moms* who can't even see all the way around their 20-mpg vehicles when they drive.

It must be sweet to get 20 mpg, I wish I did. :D

On Monday at 9am price was $2.04 for ethanol, at 11:30 it had jumped to $2.19! I use regular and it is now up to $2.29! That's the highest it has ever been :unsure: I'm trying to get used to it, we got a new car, my old one has a smaller tank and this one is a bit larger so seeing the gas price increase as well as the tank size increase makes me heart beat a bit faster at the pumps!

my last post was kind of a joke.....i live near detroit for crise sake

no subways no light rail (we do have the people mover, people from detroit laugh here)

and home to the gas guzzling three

all hail big oil!

and my subie does just fine in the ground clearance, snow driving and gas mileage categories thankyou very much

Lets see here...

24 PowerBars (1 box) ~ $20 at BJ's

1 lb of pasta ~ $1

32 oz. pasta sauce ~ $2.00

1 lb assorted veggies ~ $1.50

1 loaf bread ~ 2.00

1 lb instant oatmeal, assorted varieties ~ $2.50

Et cetera...

Meals for two days, snacks for nearly a month, total ~ $50

Yep, fuel is getting expensive! :D

Happy caching

Jeff

Hope I got my maths right

Here is Australia at present on special paying AU$0.90 per litre

1Gal US= 3.785 litres ---- AU$3.40 per gal

AU$1 = US$0.79 ---US$2.70 per gal

Govt gets about half of that.

Hey, the current rate here in the Top End, Australia is A$1.10/l.

1.12 AUD = 0.864831 USD today

So its US $3.27/gallon here.

And amazingly, thanks to a government pricing enquiry we have had cheaper prices in recent weeks than some parts of Sydney.

I don't think people in the US appreciate how filthy cheap their fuel is compared to the rest of the world.