Gas Prices??

And has it slowed down your caching? I know this is an international forum, so people from all countries please feel free to reply, that way when I see how much you pay for a litre I can feel good that I am paying $2.00 a gallon in Arkansas.

As for me, well it has slowed me down some, but I am still going.

Cya on the trails,

Rusty

They just said the average gas price for my state (Arizona) is $2.20 on the news, but where I live (Roosevelt Lake) It is $2.49. It has slowed me down in everything we do from caching to trips into town which is about a 20 mile trip one way. They also said on the news that prices are expected to keep rising until the end of summer. :D

$2.19 In Escondido Ca north of San Diego last Thursday. Heard it was $3 something in Malibu, average around here is $2.27 right now

i saw that, too (re: malibu) similar price increases in higher-income areas in maryland as well though not quite that high. :D:lol::D

I just filled half a tank and it cost me $25. It was $1.93 a gallon. So far we are still going places caching. We don't have too many caches near us so we have to travel to cache. I hope it doesn't get much higher. Forgot to add we are in SC, just south of Charlotte, NC.

Edited by jamrasc

$2.48 for the middle grade of gas, in the south end of Los Angeles County. My son just filled one of cars and brought home a receipt for $50, a new record. Lets see........ 3 cars, and car insurance for 6 people (wife and I and 2 males under 25 years old = 6 regular people.) plus about $300 for gas a month. The pain is quite intense.

$2.19 here in Ohio. Hasn't slowed me down, but has caused me to change my first choice of vehicle. Caching mobiles used to be the '79 truck or 4X4 Suburban. Both about 15 MPG. Lately it has been the Geo Prizm, which goes more than twice as far on the same amount of gas.

If I run the Suburban dry it'll cost me $92 to fill up. That's a LOT of trade swag... Heck, that's what I paid for my Etrex!

$1.97 a gallon here in Rome GA at the K-mart gas center.

But if you watch for their blue light to be flashing on their signs it's on sale for $1.92.

Saved $2 on a fill-up last night!! :lol:

Hey! Every little bit!! :D

D-man :D

Edited by gridlox

I just filled up tonight after a day of placing caches. Price was $0.64/litre in Chilliwack, BC, Canada. That should work out to:

1Gal US= 3.785 litres ---- Canadian $2.49 per gal

With the exchange rate today that will work out to $2.05 US/Gallon.

Crooks :rolleyes:, although that is some of the cheapest gas in Canada right now. I try to combine a few caches together before I go out to save on the fuel a little bit.

Oltimer Wrote:

I know in Canada diesel is always 15 to 20% less than gas.

Not right now. Our gas prices are at $0.64/litre. Diesel is at $0.89/litre. My father has a dodge diesel and I know he isn't happy about it.

Edited by Chillibusher

We've been paying $2.12 lately and now it's gone to $2.18. I gotta tell you, it's going to definately impact my caching. I live in the back of beyond (2 hr drive to get to a real mall, for instance) and any concentration of caches tends to be far away...(at least the ones I ain't done yet.)

However, caching is just a hoot when you are on vacation! We just came back from Fredericksburg and had a great time caching on and off the battlefield.

ATMouse

Compared to our North American neighbors and European friends, we don't have much to complain about, but wow, fuel prices certainly are climbing.

I've always tended to logically lump caches together to avoid excessive or unnecessary driving. So, my caching won't be impacted too much.

In addition, I had a feeling we were going to see more increases, so I traded in my gasoline Jeep and got a new diesel Jeep. I'll squeeze every mile out of that costly fuel. :D

Anyhow, the cheapest diesel in this area is $2.09. Most likely that's already gone up. So, I'll just get the nearly 500 miles out of this tank and pray for lower prices relief. I, too, am disgruntled that diesel, less refinement and the step to gasoline, costs more. :( There's something terribly fishy about this...

Some stations in town are at $2.09 while others are at $2.25.

I have about 50 unfound caches within 20 miles of my house and ALL will be done by combining my caching trips with biking trips this year. I do have a 1600 mile, one-way, trip to Texas in April that I plan to do some caching on, but these are all the caches I plan to do while driving.

Next year, when gas is over $3.00 I doubt if I will do any caching by driving.

Here in Mt.Pleasant SC we paid $1.97 on our last fill up. But if you close your eyes when you put your credit card in and don't get a recipt it doesn't hurt as much. :(

that's the same logic i use to eat a box of cookies. i didn't look at the label, so there are no calories.

:D

and in Iraq I hear its something like 25 cents???

Actually, it's .05 in Iraq however what that means is in reality you are paying more here than you think.

Iraq may be a major crude producer but does not have the capability of refining it's own gasoline, so the U.S. Goverment pays about $1.50 per gallon from neighboring nations and has it delivered to Iraqi stations in an effort to "jumpstart" their economy.

I try to keep telling myself that the rest of the world has been paying $4 to $5 a gallon for a few years now and it makes it easier as I go to Ditech.com to sign the mortgage papers when I need to fill up for the week.

Edited by baloo&bd

In England (I think I've got this right):

1 English litre = 0.2642 US gallons

therefore 3.785 English litres = 1 US gallon

petrol (sorry, gas!!) = £0.897 / english litre x 3.785 = £3.40 / US gallon

Through the currency convertor = $6.46 / US gallon

And we were told in the newspapers the other day rising oil prices could mean it going over £1.00 per English litre which will mean over $7.19 / US gallon.

What fun :)

$1.86 this morning for regular in NJ.  I guess there is something to be said for having all those refineries here.

I remember at one time you couldn't pump your own gas in NJ. Are all the stations in NJ still Full Service?

Edit: OT: not sure what gas costs here (southern NH) right at the moment, as I haven't filled up in the last twenty minutes or so. But I think the last time I checked regular was hoverin' just below $2.00/gal. Of course you can always find the odd station which is charging at least $.10 more per gallon if you look around.

Edited by cache_test_dummies
Cost per litre is around $1.00 depending on whether it bought inland or at the coast (refineries are at the coast = cheaper)

$1.00 per Litre. Hmm. Let me think. There are 2 pints in a quart, 4 quarts in a gallon, 5280 feet in a mile, uh ...

Wow - that's about $4.00 dollars a gallon! :)

I hereby cancel my plans to drive to South Africa this summer.

I passed up some stations early yesterday that were 1.99 and when I got off work prices were in the 2.04 range. Then after bowling last night the prices were up AGAIN to 2.10. I found one station still sitting at 2.04 and filled er up.

I work in sales on the road and average about 2500 miles for work only. I don't have a gas allowance and it's a straight commission job. It's definitely helped on my closing of sales and I'm also picking up a few urban micros while in the field now. I keep hiking boots in my car to switch into and sometimes get those that involve a short hike.